Little Red Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Little Red Build

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #61
TaylorJeffreyJR
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Email from Bill Cole (owner of "Ausum" lockers!) they are expecting the lockers in 3rd week of December. Yes that's next week! He also said he will be holding the XD-13027 for me to purchase.

TaylorJeffreyJR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2011, 07:44 AM   #62
TaylorJeffreyJR
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My morning just gotten a whole lot better. Well not really.. I seen this punk kid who's parents bought him a recently new Nissan 370z think he was cool with the top down pulling into the local high school. Well let's just say I seen him drive threw the intersection pretty fast then I seen him stop fast.. Well he was forced to stop fast because the front end was under a ford explorer. Oh did I mention the lovely noise of crunch!!! Gotta love the morning rush hours
Unread 12-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #63
Jasons4x4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

[quote=TaylorJeffreyJR;12590797]Any good/bad reviews on the Smittybilt XRC Rock Sliders?
quote]

I have a set of these on my TJ. I bought them before I found out that Smittybilt is cheap knockoffs of other companies designs made in China. For that reason I can't say I'd recommend them.

That said, though, my biggest issue with them was that they were shipped in cheap packaging that allowed them to come out of the box in the back of the UPS truck. They banged around the UPS truck and were bent all to hell by the time I got them. They wouldn't sit flush with the tub so I sent them back and ordered another set and had the same problem. Finally on the 3rd set I got one that was still in the box and was straight and the other one that came out of the box was only slightly tweaked so I just went ahead and installed them. They have the usually poorly applied ****tybilt powdercoating, so if you don't want them to rust you'll have to sand them down and have them powdercoated by somebody that knows how to do it.

All of those negative things aside, I have to admit that they do function well and have saved my tub on multiple occasions while wheeling. I actually failed a hill climb and whipped around into a tree on the passenger side at Rausch Creek once and once I got her stopped I was pleasantly surprised to find that the tube kept the tree off the Jeep and I came away with just a small dent in the front fender flare and a minor tweak to the stock fenders which are coming off when I get tube fenders eventually anyway.
stinger2.jpg  
Jasons4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #64
TaylorJeffreyJR
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I've been looking around and around, I realizes ebay has some good deals. Like this guy in AZ builds tube fenders. I found a pair of hood line tube fenders for 180 plus shipping (45) they look really nice, they are most likely made cheaper but they would work. I've moved my mind to passing the ASVAB. I need a 50 for my AFQT score.
Unread 12-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #65
TaylorJeffreyJR
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Picture says it all..
I built a roof for my jeep to sit under so I don't have to put the top up if there's a chance of rain (not this time of year) but planning for the future. Well I pulled the jeep in forgotten about the antenna and it gotten wedged into a cross member and yeah..
Unread 12-23-2011, 01:56 PM   #66
Jasons4x4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Been there, done that. Once I had the Jeep in the garage and they forgot to take the antenna off before putting the Jeep up on the lift. Then another time I forgot and ran through a car wash and broke it off myself.
Jasons4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #67
TaylorJeffreyJR
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Haven't posted anything lately. I haven't put anything into the jeep lately. Income tax is coming
Unread 02-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #68
TaylorJeffreyJR
1998 TJ Wrangler 

It was nice out. Now its going to rain and thunderstorms. No doors equals parking with the wind so in this case SW wind

one parking spot? almost
Unread 02-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #69
TaylorJeffreyJR
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Rolling on my friends 33's

Yes, 33's 12.5W on 2 inches of lift and 4.10 gears with 4squirrels
Unread 03-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #70
TaylorJeffreyJR
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Stopped in the middle of the road to see how bright my lights are.

My ordered list of parts from 4wd.com
Procomp ES1000 (rear) 121500
Procomp EA1000 (front) 121515
Hella 700FF Light Kit
Smittybilt Winshield Mount Light Bracket

Just keeping everyone posted.
Unread 03-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #71
LilyBayXJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Any pics of the Jeep with the 33's on?
1983 CJ-5 - Stock - Sold
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]TJ Boot Camp[/URL]
LilyBayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #72
TaylorJeffreyJR
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyBayXJ
Any pics of the Jeep with the 33's on?
I will take some after work. Meeting up with some fellow jeepers (Carolina Jabs Offroad Group)
Unread 03-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #73
TaylorJeffreyJR
1998 TJ Wrangler 

33's and 2" lift.

Unread 03-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #74
TaylorJeffreyJR
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Still waiting for my jeep toys to make it.
Fixed my rattle noise from my catalytic converter, universal exhaust hanger solved that problem

Just keeping everyone posted.
Unread 03-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #75
TaylorJeffreyJR
1998 TJ Wrangler 

All Clean now.

Tags
build thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.