A little angry please help!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > A little angry please help!!

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 06-20-2007, 07:30 PM   #1
xulcuz
2003 TJ Wrangler 

A little angry please help!!

Ok this is making em really made I have gone through 3 trac bars in about 3 weeks. The first one I out on when putting on my lift and went to test it after I was done and got death wobble over some rail road tracks right in forn tof the warehouse were it was installed and it snapped at the adjusting part. I bring it back tehy refund it and all is good. I decide to take it up to the dunes. What do you know it snapps while I'm an hour and half away from home at the same spot. so I weld it together at the dunes so I could limp home. After driving it home I had no doubts in my welding and all though dumb I rpecedeed to drive it because it is my daily driver and I have nothing else. SO tonight Im driving into my driveway and I hear it snap and I figured it was the weld but no it snapped at the end of the adjustable part this time next to the weld. So wtf? Im sick of replacing trac bars left and right and worrying about when its gonna snap again. Oh and its a bds tracbar. Any help on why I keep snapping it would be awsome! Thanks

xulcuz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2007, 07:52 PM   #2
ROXN4LO
2001 TJ Wrangler 

What brand?
2001 TJ Sport: 4.0L, NV3550, D30/D44, 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Trepadors on DC-1s, 4.56 gears, Cromoly shafts & ARBs F/R, Full Traction 3" Lift, 1.25" JKS BL, Jeeperman Tire-Carrier Rear Bumper, Jeeperman Receiver/Winch Front Bumper, B&M Shifter, Kilby Gastank Skid, TBT Steering Skid, Nth° OPS, TBT Rock Steps, SkidRow Radiator skid,, IPF H4 (Fatboys), KC 100W Driving SlimLites.
ROXN4LO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2007, 08:31 PM   #3
deltabravo

sounds like a junk track bar if they keeps breaking. time to switch to a new brand.
deltabravo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2007, 11:19 PM   #4
xulcuz
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well they have replaced all of them under wareenty but this time I think Im just gonna say screw it im changing brands. Its a BDS right now but is there any reason besides brand why it would be happening?
Unread 06-21-2007, 02:14 AM   #5
GringoLoco
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Are you installing the track bar with the Jeep up on jack stands, or on the ground with its full weight on the tires?
YELLOW Jeep Club Member #5606
13 mpg - edit: 12 mpg
No hi-lift on the hood (yet)
Odd noises
Still can't get it to take off from a treadmill....
GringoLoco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2007, 06:59 AM   #6
blacksheep1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I wonder if you have some sort of clearance issue. Mine for example will conact my diff cover under certain conditions. I would check out some pics of jeeps with your setup, or better yet a jeep local to you, just to make sure everything is mounted correctly.

Another thing you can try is to jack it up and have someone steer it from lock to lock while you watch for anything that might contact. If you can jack it up on each side to cause it to flex and again steer lock to lock that would be ideal.

I just can't believe that BDS trackbars are THAT weak, maybe they are made in china like thomas, pet food and toothpaste. Good Luck HTH

MINE 1999 TJ sport, HERS 2004 KJ Renegade and 2005 Rubicon
Wind Tunnel Tested . . . FAILED
blacksheep1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2007, 07:16 AM   #7
ROXN4LO
2001 TJ Wrangler 

As said above, be sure it's being installed with weight on the tires, and check for clearance issues. BDS is not known for bad parts. Something else is going on here.
2001 TJ Sport: 4.0L, NV3550, D30/D44, 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Trepadors on DC-1s, 4.56 gears, Cromoly shafts & ARBs F/R, Full Traction 3" Lift, 1.25" JKS BL, Jeeperman Tire-Carrier Rear Bumper, Jeeperman Receiver/Winch Front Bumper, B&M Shifter, Kilby Gastank Skid, TBT Steering Skid, Nth° OPS, TBT Rock Steps, SkidRow Radiator skid,, IPF H4 (Fatboys), KC 100W Driving SlimLites.
ROXN4LO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #8
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

ive got the Rubicon Express adjsutable track bars and they're very nice. the heim joints are large and solid and the rubber bushings are silent

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2007, 10:30 AM   #9
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Fill in your profile so we know more about your setup. Because you mention DW I assume your talking about the front trackbar?

OME ZJ/LJ combo | SwayLOC | 1.25" BL | Nth TT | Riddler diff covers | EMP gastank skid | 33" MTRs | Warn M8000 | Cobra75
and much more...

Riddler torture test video
Oil Filter Study
Useful Axle Info Thread
Crashnburn80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2007, 10:44 AM   #10
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

How much lift are you running and how much lift is the track bar designed to be used with?

How much of the threaded adjustable portion of the track bar is screwed in?
Unread 06-21-2007, 11:33 PM   #11
xulcuz
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yes It was installed with weight on tires. Sorry its a Rubicon so it does have aa dana 44 so that may have somthign to do with it. It has a RE 3.5 standad lift with OME shocks and 33x12.50 pro comp Xterrains. When I get my new one installed tomarow I will take the advice and jack it up and see if it rubs any were. When i talked to the 4x4 guy again today he said I may be over articulating it but the first one I snapped was just drivin on the road and so was the third. Only one actually broke off road. Ill let you know when I get it on and see if it rubs at all. Thanks for the help guys I really apreciate it!
Unread 06-22-2007, 12:18 AM   #12
jdragger

You might also have the front axle too far forward or back. This would could put a front load or rear load bind on the track bar besides its intended side load. You have got to have something miss aligned.
jdragger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2007, 09:00 AM   #13
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I ran the BDS rear track bar and had no troubles out of it. They have a full replacement warrenty as well...
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2007, 09:09 AM   #14
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xulcuz
Yes It was installed with weight on tires. Sorry its a Rubicon so it does have aa dana 44 so that may have somthign to do with it. It has a RE 3.5 standad lift with OME shocks and 33x12.50 pro comp Xterrains. When I get my new one installed tomarow I will take the advice and jack it up and see if it rubs any were. When i talked to the 4x4 guy again today he said I may be over articulating it but the first one I snapped was just drivin on the road and so was the third. Only one actually broke off road. Ill let you know when I get it on and see if it rubs at all. Thanks for the help guys I really apreciate it!
A few pics of the front suspension would sure go a long ways towards helping to diagnose the cause.

You have something wrong somewhere and it's not the quality of the trackbar.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.