Linkage questions with 2" lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Linkage questions with 2" lift

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTrick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub Shafts

Unread 10-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
jsalman93
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Linkage questions with 2" lift

Hi everyone, just got a jeep TJ last week and looking to doing a 2" lift on it for when i go up to the trails. I've heard that V8 ZJ coils will give about 2" of lift. I was wondering a few things though:

1) Would ZJ coils for the rear also lift up the rear end as well
2) Will I need to change out my shocks for this mod
3) Will I run into any issues with the transfer case linkage or shifter linkage

Sorry for the noob questions, it's my first wrangler. Thanks again

jsalman93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

1: no idea.
2: Yes.
3: No, a body lift is what screws that up.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
jsalman93
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Also, would installing a 2-3" coil lift affect my top speed. I've got the 2.5L engine if that helps
Unread 11-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

You would be better off buying a 2.5" lift from rough country for a couple hundred bucks.
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
jsalman93
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I would but i like the idea of having lift coils instead of spacers. If I want, i can get the spacers at work for extremely cheap, but i can also pick up some junkyard coils for 20 bucks and have more suspension travel. I am
Unread 11-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #6
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Who said anything about spacers?
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #7
jsalman93
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Oh my bad, I hadn't checked out their website. Most of what I've heard of their stuff involved lift spacers
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #8
afusco1222
2003 TJ Wrangler 

RC springs are great because they are so long but their shocks really leave something to be desired. I would go with RC or OME springs and teraflex or OME shocks. I personally run Teraflex shocks in the front and OME nitrochargers in the back and though the teraflex shocks are pretty soft, they ride awesome on-road, are made by fox, and are 60 bucks a shock so much cheaper then most shocks of that caliber. The reason for running miss matched shocks is that I really needed more uptravel and my teraflex shocks were limiting. The OME shocks need a lot less bump-stops and if you want more travel out of your suspension, then OME is the way to go.
afusco1222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.