Limited Edition Value Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Limited Edition Value Question

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Limited Edition Value Question

Hey guys,

I am brand new to this site and to being a jeep owner. Recently all of my hard work has paid off and I was able to afford a 2005 unlimited rubicon in the limited edition Sahara trim.

As I was waiting for it to be inspected at the dealership, a young tech kid turned on the jeep to check the lights- however appearently the rubicons start in gear. It grabbed in first and lurched forward into a brick wall, bending the chrome bumper beyond repair. Of course, the dealer has agreed to replace it with anything within reason...

Here is my question- because its a limited edition, does not having the original chrome bumper reduce the value? If so- might I just be better off getting a more expensive and awesome bumper as a replacement versus getting an identical yet cheap replacement?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
~Kate

KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Terdar
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The bumper that come on it was not a chrome bumper. It came with the same bumper every other Wrangler came with.

See what they are willing to spend on replacing it and find a bumper that you like that's in the price range.

Here is a break down of the 97-'06 wrangler edition/models and what they entail.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/st...1/#post4118327

Rubicon - 2003-2006
* 4.0L I-6 engine
* Tru-Lok selectable pneumatic lockers, activate in 4-lo and under 10mph, engaged until out of 4-lo or deselected
* Limited slip rear when unlocked
* NV241 Rock-Trac 4:1 transfer case -- fixed yoke
* Heavy-duty driveshafts with 1330 u-joints
* Dana 44 front and rear axles
* 4.11 gears
* Goodyear Wrangler MT/R LT245/75R16 (30.5"x9.6") Tires
* 16x8, five-spoke aluminum wheels
* Diamond plate rocker guards
* Rubicon Lettering on Hood
* Flares are 1" wider than standard TJ flares
* 4-wheel Disc Brakes

Rubicon Unlimited (LJ) - 2005-2006
* See Rubicon and Unlimited (LJ) above

Rubicon Unlimited Sahara - 2005 only
* 1,000 made
* Chrome grill
* Tail light guards
* Interior badge with serial number
* Spare tire cover and floor mats
Terdar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Adam013085

It is not any different value wise. Upon more research it appears that these wranglers are made like the wranglers in the sahara movie. Doubt it is worth any extra $, but could be wrong
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam013085 View Post
It is not any different value wise. Upon more research it appears that these wranglers are made like the wranglers in the sahara movie. Doubt it is worth any extra $, but could be wrong
The Sahara movie in 2005? Sahara has been a trim level in wranglers for a lot longer than that. It is just trim though so not much functional value. Although the combination of Unlimited Rubicon Sahara is nice.
Unread 07-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
Terdar
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The '05 Unlimited Rubicon Sahara was for the movie.

Unread 07-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks a bunch guys! I think Ill go for a more functional bumper then since the chrome bumper doesn't add much value. Once I get this all straightened out I will certainly post pictures and start thinking up/ taking suggestions for glorious ways to customize it before my college loans kick in. Also- I have only been driving it for 2 days but I so much appreciate the camaraderie on the road, almost all of the other wrangler drivers wave and its a really nice way to start the day.
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #7
bikerman02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I thought that the rubicons only would start in gear in 4L where as you have to pull a fuse on none rubicons
bikerman02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #8
bikerman02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I think there is something wrong with the clutch interlocking safety switch it should not have started unless in 4L without pushing in the clutch read in the manual about it.
bikerman02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #9
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerman02 View Post
I think there is something wrong with the clutch interlocking safety switch it should not have started unless in 4L without pushing in the clutch read in the manual about it.

Definitely wrong, unless the fuse was pulled. Dealer should discount/refund the $/cost to fix/replace it, plus whatever the ugly chrome bumper would cost. More funds for the mod account=
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #10
Terdar
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The Rubicons don't have a fuse to pull (or install) to defeat the clutch interlock. The switch on the clutch pedal is probably "broken" in the closed position like my was.

Tags
bumper , chrome , limited , rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.