light at end of the tunnel... got liner sprayed in yesterday... looks great!
Ordered my new seats last Wednesday. All dash parts have been painted. Sprayed pyroclastic monstaliner yesterday. Dash reassembly this week after work. Then seats in late this week. Then paint job (paying for this), POR15 and topcoat on frame. Need to address an AC issue and need SYE kit. Then done! Been a long process but were getting there.
Lining tub was more work than I had envisioned. I got a little carried away with POR15 when I painted entire tub. Really should have stuck with just bare metal spots and the seriously pitted rust spots that I ground and ospho soaked. Scuffing that stuff up was a whole different ball game compared to that candy coat factory paint.
Once the coats would begin to kick your lose a lot of the shine that you see in pics like the one below. As this would happen it would also lighten up and settle some. The final texture is really nice and spraying it with the 60 dollar undercaurage gun from monstaliner was an absolute dream... Nothing to it at all. I got a little heavy in the driver roll bar and managed to lose texture (was trying to make sure I had good coverage behind it and on the exterior panel) I guess due to sag. Seat belt will cover it, though. Other than that all went off without a hitch.
I honestly don't remember. I want to say most of interior on first coat which was real light. But I could be wrong. I had two cans and two helpers. One guy may have brought me a second can as I ran out on first coat. I think that was later in the game. I went pretty light on coat one. Then a bit heavier on second coat maybe a little less than hour later. Second coat was likely the re load. Second coat took a little longer to set up. Then third coat was another light one where I saw any inconsistencies in texture and on high traffic areas.
I have never rolled the stuff, but I can't imagine it being any easier than spraying. I spent maybe 15 minutes behind the gun. Slightly more prep, but I got to just mix the paint and 2 hours later... Done. Would really recommend that $60 gun of there's and spraying it if you have access to a compressor.
In total I used probably 80% of the gallon. Had wondered if I might have gone too light, but I've read of other folks using that amount rolling, and I would imagine I'm getting more even coating and less waste with gun. Imagine, anyway. Thickness at tape lines looks appropriate and texture is great. Hopefully it holds up. I'm sure it will as prep work was top notch.