Light behind fan speed switch/Temp Control -

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-23-2010, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
2005 TJ Wrangler 
Light behind fan speed switch/Temp Control

I have a loose bulb located behind the fan blower switch. At night when I tapped on it it would glow/light the marking for the fan speeds and some of the temp knob. Anyway... Now it's not working at all. How hard is it to see/get to where that bulb would be? The right side bulb(s) are still working, but it's much brighter when the left side bulb(s) are also working...

Anyone ever mess with this? If so what/how much has to be disassembled to get to them?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 Old 11-23-2010, 09:09 PM
2001 TJ Wrangler 
I haven't specifically had problems with the lights, but I've changed the blower motor switch. It was very easy to get to. Pop off the long defroster cover at the windshield, then take out the 2 screws at the top of the center trim, and I think 2 screws down lower on the center trim panel, and pop it off. From there you should see several screws that hold the A/C controls in place. You should be able to see from there how to get to the lights. If I remember correctly, the light bulbs are behind the knobs and shine through them somehow.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

NRA Member
'01 TJ Sahara, 3" BB front, 2.25" BB rear, 1.25 JKS BL, 1" MML, Skyjacker Hydro shocks,33/12.50x15 BFG TA/KO All Terrains homemade disco's, Hi-Lift, CB, GPS
post #3 of 3 Old 11-24-2010, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
2005 TJ Wrangler 
Hey Thanks!!

I'll give it look to see if I can try to get to those bulbs/LEDs...

Last edited by nuccman; 11-24-2010 at 11:20 PM.

blower motor switch , fan switch , LED lights

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.