Light Bar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Light Bar

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #1

Light Bar

how do you fish a main wire through a light bar and tap into it for all other lights? i dont know how to get it in and out again to tap into it.

424031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
greene69
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

My light bar is 2 pieces, i made all my splices on the top part then just slid the "legs" part that mounts to the windshield bracket over then. I have 2 switches so only 2 wires come out of the end.
greene69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
Newtons3
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbillups View Post
how do you fish a main wire through a light bar and tap into it for all other lights? i dont know how to get it in and out again to tap into it.
Each one is a little different, but normally I make all the taps before pulling the harness through. Then depending on the number of lights I'm installing, I run tie wire through in reverse and capture the legs and pull them through together. This allows me to wrap the harness in split-loom before the pull. If fishing the wire through is the issue in either direction, try plugging all holes except the exit and blowing a string through with compressed air. Then pull the tie wire, etc. Alternatively, you can pull the termination end through and reach through the hole in your light bar with a hook and fish the wires out. Again, depending on your app., you can turn your light bar into a grounded structure, pull only the hot wires, and ground each light to the bar, reducing the number of wires you have to pull. Just remember that the ground has to be sufficient for all of the lights and ground wire size has to be increased sufficiently.
Newtons3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #4

Thanks guys! I got it! This is four of the five kc daylighters on the bar. fifth one isnt on yet because i have to drill a hole in the bar to ground the light to like all the others had, not sure why the middle one didnt have it...
424031 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.