Lifting this TJ ???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lifting this TJ ????

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
kooter1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Lifting this TJ ????

I just installed some new bumbers front and rear and added a winch. I added 31 inch tires and would like to add a lift. Should I do a BB to lift and level it out or the RC 2.5? If I do the RC will it level the front up a bit.

dont have a pic with the winch yet but it sits about 1/2 inch lower in the front.

[IMG][/IMG]

kooter1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #2
black99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I think a combination of the two would be best actually. I would do the RC 2.5 to give you more capability off road. But I would also add a BB to the front to level it out too. Depending on how much front end rake (every jeep has some to begin with) you have from the added bumper and winch is how much of a BB I would add in the front.
The easiest way to determine how much front end rake is to simply get a tape measure, measure the front and rear. Then determine how much of a difference there is in height between the two. Since you have a winch and an after-market bumper, I would guess that you would need about a two inch BB in the front to level it out.
hope it helped,
Jaren
Unread 06-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

RC 2.5" lift and add 3/4" spacers up front.You won't want it more level than that.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.