lifting question plus thanks for previous help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > lifting question plus thanks for previous help

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 07-27-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
jerseyboxer58
2006 TJ Wrangler 

lifting question plus thanks for previous help

hey guys,

i started a thread a while ago about my car virbrating at 65 mph. well its finallly getting fixed so i wanted to say thanks for the help...

now, maybe over winter i wanna lift my jeep (4 inch) so i wanna get some feedback on good yet not to expensive lift... also like would i need to be aware of anything wearing faster on a lifted jeep? should i get aftermartket intake or exhjaust for a little more power? lemme know all these things plus more if yhou can haha literly tell me everything i need to know about lifting my jeep...its a 2006 6 speed totaly stock right now

jerseyboxer58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #2
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Good that someone on Jeep Forum could help you with your car. Now you'll know what to do if you have a similiar problem with your Jeep

Larger and heavier wheels and tires will wear things quicker; ball joints, u-joint... pretty much anything that sees loads from the mass of the tires and wheels. Most of thet will depend on how hard you wheel it.

Don't waste your time and money on "power ad-ons" you will see very little to no return for your money. Gear your axles properly for our tire size instead and you'll be fine.

For a decent suspension at a reasonable price there are a lot of choices, just research, and then research, and then research some more... I have the Rough Country X Series and like it just fine. Again, it all depends on what you want out of the Jeep.

Good luck and have fun!

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #3
jerseyboxer58
2006 TJ Wrangler 

personally i dont off road much at all i know im boring hahaha but i just want it to sit higher i heard good things about rough country... now with wheels probably the 1st set of tires will be on stock rims sooo just street maybe beach driving will those things wear fast??? im getting new u joint today lol
jerseyboxer58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
lift , suspension , advice , tj , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.