Lifted my Unlimited *PICS* - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lifted my Unlimited *PICS*

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 03-28-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
FanAholic
2007 MK Compass 

Lifted my Unlimited *PICS*

Ok here are some pics of my Unlimited. My brother in law helped and we used his shop, all in all about 2 hours to install, but there was a big gap in there because his drill didnt accept a bit large enough to drill out the front trackbar hole so we had to barrow one.

There were a few issues with the lift.

The exhaust was hitting the shock so I cut the tailpipe off after it dumps over the axle.

There is a clicking noise or tapping in the front and I havent figured out what it is. It only happens when I hit a bump and the chances are greater of it happening if the wheel is turned so maybe someone can chime in on that.

All said and done I had about 5 inches of lift over stock and got some slight vibes so I lowered my t-case for the time being.

So pics as promised.

Stock day I brought it home:

Today, not on level ground so the back passenger side is higher than it should be.

Unread 03-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
90SaharaJeep

Nice job!

whats with the bra?
90SaharaJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #3
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good bug 5" is pretty extreame without going to a long arm, I imagine the ride would be pretty ruff.

Edit: x2 on the bra, I'd take it off. If you get your Jeep dirty or dusty offroading it can take a toll on your paint.

OME ZJ/LJ combo | SwayLOC | 1.25" BL | Nth TT | Riddler diff covers | EMP gastank skid | 33" MTRs | Warn M8000 | Cobra75
and much more...

Riddler torture test video
Oil Filter Study
Useful Axle Info Thread
Crashnburn80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
FanAholic
2007 MK Compass 

Its coming off soon, i take it off everytime I wash it.

Agreed on the 5" I didnt expect that much, and the ride is, well lets just say its not like it was. Its not any worse than my SWB TJ i had with the tera coils and Rancho 5000 shocks.
Unread 03-28-2007, 06:06 PM   #5
knightgambit

Very nice looking ride ! The orange looks stylish when all done up.

Teraflex - 3" Lift
A to Z Fabrication - Diamond Plate Rocker Guards
33 Engineering - TC Skid and Low Clearance Tranny Mount
knightgambit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2007, 06:15 PM   #6
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

Those bra's do nothing but damage...I saw them all the time awhen I washed cars and they always had damaged the paint underneath by constant abrasion.
Unread 03-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #7
FanAholic
2007 MK Compass 

Ok I didnt want to have a discussion about bras, you dont like it STFU, its simple. I need it bc ******* truckers and rock haulers around here dont know how to clean their trucks or cover their load and it keeps rocks out of my radiator.

You want to talk about the lift, have an idea about what the noise is in the front, have something to say other than something my wife would say, or want to give me advice other than how to maintain the paint on the front of my jeep ( I take care of it for those who are concerned ) then post away.
Unread 03-28-2007, 06:26 PM   #8
azcoyote

What brand of lift? Re 4.5 I am guessing?
Unread 03-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #9
littleman66
2001 TJ Wrangler 

its screaming rock rails, full size spare and a winch
homemade rear bumper with hitch, two recovery points
dual battery. 1750 watt inverter
Dukes of Hazard/Dixieland horn. Neoprene seat covers
littleman66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #10
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

Wow, now I really dont care about your lift...I thought you cared about your paint since it was one there. I thought you might want to know it will do far more damage than good. Give it 3 years and you will be down to the primer under there. But since you are worried about rocks destroying your raditator, I guess you need it? I am guessing that maybe you got unlucky once and a rock damaged your car? Either way I don't really care, I just doubt you have seen hundreds of cars damaged by bra's.
Unread 03-28-2007, 06:51 PM   #11
FanAholic
2007 MK Compass 

You know your probably right, If I left it on for 3 years and never took it off to clean it and under it or wax my hood then yeah It would. Thanks for letting me know. I guess if you want to call having 3 different jeeps in the span of 4 years and the two before both had several areas on the grille, radiator, hood, and even once on the drivers door damaged by rocks caused directly by trucks bad luck then I guess I shouldnt go to vegas.
Unread 03-28-2007, 08:43 PM   #12
Wheels4

hey Fan... I just lifted my TJ with a BB(2.25 coil spacer lift from 4wheelcustoms)and find that the front sits lower than the back. it looks like yours does the same. is that normal?
Wheels4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2007, 08:44 PM   #13
Wheels4

by the way... i like your jeep. looks good.
Wheels4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2007, 08:46 PM   #14
thismust

So where are the pics of the lifted LJ's ladies
thismust is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2007, 09:06 PM   #15
azatrox
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Your Jeep looks great...but your avatar is INCREDIBLE!! Neither one should have a bra!
Oh yea, what kind of lift, RE 4.5"?
azatrox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.