The Lift You WISH You Bought Instead~ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > The Lift You WISH You Bought Instead~

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
4x4lover
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The Lift You WISH You Bought Instead~

Hey... Im just wondering if you were able to go back and purchase that lift you wish you had now.. What would it be? Say you bought Skyjacker bc it was cheaper than Rubicon Express, do you wish you could go back and why.

Right now i am looking at the Currie 4" w/AR.. im just wondering if this is a wise choice.

Thanks

Unread 01-09-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
Stu Olson
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

The Lift You WISH You Bought Instead~

Well, that would be the one that mrBlaine has yet to make available to the masses. That would, without a doubt, be the best lift one could put under a TJ.
Stu Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #3
97casteeltj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

it wouldn't be any bolt-on lift or "brand" lift.

a custom 4link front and rear with air shocks....etc etc

but then again my TJ isn't my dd and will hopefully soon have tons, 42s, and stretched with half-back and all the money that goes along with that.
Unread 01-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #4
sduncan
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I really like my RE long arm, but I might have tried the Tri-link rear and then do the rear spring re-locate (which I have done) and out board the rear shocks.

Or if really dreamin and had a ton of $$$ to spend, go with a Full Coil Over set up from Gen Rite with King bypass shocks and bumps.
'98 TJ, 5.7 HEMI, 545RFE, G2 33 spl. D44, HP D30,ARBs,4.10s, RE 4.5 LA,Savvy 1.25 BL,35in MTRs w/Pro Comp 15x10 alloys, Warn 9.5 cti w/Amsteel rope, Gen Rite G3 Alumium front fenders and rear flares, Premier Power welder 195 amp,Savvy Rockers,Prothane bumps,LED tail lites, Rampage top
Link to my Hemi build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/so...rsion-1277803/
YouTube video..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaDRq...&feature=g-upl
sduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #5
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Olson View Post
Well, that would be the one that mrBlaine has yet to make available to the masses. That would, without a doubt, be the best lift one could put under a TJ.

I kind of wish I hadn't spent the $$$ on the RE Tri-Link...not that it's horrible, but I don't see that as the last lift I'll ever install...
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
wrangler2007
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

TNT's kit

08 F150 5.4L, Super 40 SIDO, Roush Grille, Edge Evolution, Truxport, 2.5" AS Level, 1.5" AAL, 35x12.5x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
wrangler2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #7
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Olson View Post
I don't think it will ever happen though. Suspensions are so different. Best we can do is just ask for a piece of advice.
Unread 01-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #8
goldswim5
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Clayton's 5 inch stretch triangulated 4-link kit.
Unread 01-09-2010, 09:57 PM   #9
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Bought an RC and am in the process of replacing it with a Currie w/AR. Wish I'd have just bought the Currie to begin with.
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #10
4x4lover
2003 TJ Wrangler 

so do yall think going with the currie w/ar is best? This kit is at the top of my list...also considering RC and RE.. RC for price and RE for quality.. but im thinking i cant beat the Currie w/AR and for the price. its not too bad to me.
I just dont understand if it is a great kit.. then why are only a few running it .
Unread 01-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #11
Elwood
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I went with a Rock Krawler long arm and love it. It does everything I want it to do very well. The only thing I would do is ride/drive some Jeeps with coil overs and see it that would work for my application. Other than that, I am extremely happy with what I have done.
Unread 01-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #12
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4lover View Post
so do yall think going with the currie w/ar is best? This kit is at the top of my list...also considering RC and RE.. RC for price and RE for quality.. but im thinking i cant beat the Currie w/AR and for the price. its not too bad to me.
I just dont understand if it is a great kit.. then why are only a few running it .
That kit along with some good shocks and a double-cardan(CV) driveshaft is hard to beat if you are staying short-arm and need the height. Currie also sells the driveshaft to fit the fixed-flange output on your Rubi t-case.

Check with Gerald from Savvy Offroad, username "provelogear" on the forum for pricing.
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #13
NOBLACKTOP
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconRazorbac View Post
That kit along with some good shocks and a double-cardan(CV) driveshaft is hard to beat if you are staying short-arm and need the height. Currie also sells the driveshaft to fit the fixed-flange output on your Rubi t-case.

Check with Gerald from Savvy Offroad, username "provelogear" on the forum for pricing.
X2..Just purchased the Currie lift from Savvy. Unbelievable price. Give Gerald a call.
NOBLACKTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 12:04 AM   #14
4x4lover
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I will deff.. give him a call when im back in the states.
So.. NOBLACKTOP.... Do you have the lift installed? could i see some pics? also how do you like it so far?
Thanks for the fast replys guys.
Unread 01-10-2010, 12:55 AM   #15
NOBLACKTOP
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Shipped Friday....I got alot of other items on order also. JKS 1.25" BL, Brown Dog 1" MML, Rancho RS9000 shocks, Advance Adapters SYE, Tom Woods Drive shaft. Should get my gears (4.88), Superior super 35 eliminator kit with ARB locker, and the VANCO big brake kit ordered this week. Been saving for a while.
NOBLACKTOP is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.