Lift and tire ideas - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 09-01-2008, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
shockwavetj01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Lift and tire ideas

Ok, so heres the story. I bought my jeep roughly a month ago, started both of my jobs last week so now I have a cash flow coming in so im getting all gitty for some stuff. First thing is, i do need tires. My buddy works at a wheel and tire shop so thats no big deal getting them. Im just trying to figure out, a 2' budget lift with 31's wouldnt look to horrible.. I mean my over all goal in the long run is *' with 35-37's. But seeing as how im poor right now i need to go with the logical. If anyone can let me know how well this is going to look please let me know, im also thinking of doing a 1" -2" body lift as well. So please any pics would be great...Thank you for that time!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-01-2008, 11:46 AM
FreakyStyley19
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Running 35's-37's is going to cost you at least $7,000 for re-gearing and probably a rear axle upgrade unless you already have a D44 rear axle.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-01-2008, 11:46 AM
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwavetj01 View Post
Ok, so heres the story. I bought my jeep roughly a month ago, started both of my jobs last week so now I have a cash flow coming in so im getting all gitty for some stuff. First thing is, i do need tires. My buddy works at a wheel and tire shop so thats no big deal getting them. Im just trying to figure out, a 2' budget lift with 31's wouldnt look to horrible.. I mean my over all goal in the long run is *' with 35-37's. But seeing as how im poor right now i need to go with the logical. If anyone can let me know how well this is going to look please let me know, im also thinking of doing a 1" -2" body lift as well. So please any pics would be great...Thank you for that time!!
uhhh a 2' (foot) budget lift isnt made. if i were you i would go with a 3 inch and 33s maybe a 1 inch BL if you want more

post #4 of 7 Old 09-01-2008, 12:19 PM
-Rudy-
2004 WJ 

Stick to 31's and a 2" BB kit, then save up a lot of coin if you want those 37's. Gearing, axle upgrades, long-arms, etc. It's a whole other ball game when you step up past 33" tires.

Also, what's with everyone being smart ***** about the ' and " punctuations, lately? I mean... you CLEARLY understand what he means.

04 WJ Limited 4.7/QD: 245/70R17 Firestone A/T + Trimming
post #5 of 7 Old 09-01-2008, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
shockwavetj01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

well, the 35's 37's are the end result, the gearing and axels are already taken care of because my friends dad has done this stuff for a very long time and is donating to the cause so when the time comes, it wont be too costly..its the glory of having the right contacts. Anyways..but 33's would probably be my max, but i dont want to go to crazy and just have a fun toy until next year when i get done with college and can pull off the big stuff...but thanks guys
post #6 of 7 Old 09-01-2008, 12:49 PM
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyxTJ View Post
Stick to 31's and a 2" BB kit, then save up a lot of coin if you want those 37's. Gearing, axle upgrades, long-arms, etc. It's a whole other ball game when you step up past 33" tires.

Also, what's with everyone being smart ***** about the ' and " punctuations, lately? I mean... you CLEARLY understand what he means.
just giving him a lil hell nothing wrong with that.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-01-2008, 12:50 PM
M2LJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

You will be amazed at where you can go with a 2" BB and 31" MTs...

Cheers! M2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.