Lift Suggestions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift Suggestions

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #16
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjz View Post
Well I'm not so much on a budget... I don't have money to buy the best stuff around, but I don't want to buy crap just because it is cheap... I know that I want the perfect product at the lowest price and that is hard to come by if not impossible. I am more than willing to spent a little extra if it will last longer/ run smoother/ preform better/ etc...
As for the future of me and my jeep, after the lift and tires I want to add new skid plates extra tune up stuff (I don't even know what that may be yet) all the while learning about taking things apart and putting them back, and learning to ride any trail. And riding as many as I can.
Again, what is your real world maximum budget to do this project? What kind of shape is your Jeep in btw? Pics?

So many routes you can go, depends on your actual BUDGET. I mean you can honestly do 33"s with NO BODY LIFT and NO SUSPENSION lift in reality by doing some of the bolt on fender kits out there..........and fender kits bypass a lot of potential issues that doing suspension lifts can bring.

GMBNT42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #17
crazyjz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I don't yet have a budget because I am unfamiliar with costs on just about everything I could throw out a price but it might be laughably unrealistic.but looking at the suggestions people have been sending me (thank you all by the way) the 4.25" zone combo lift for $550 seems like a price I would be willing to pay.

image-1873089076.jpg

Here is my 97 tj in the summer of 2011, the only things I have done to it between now and then have been standard fluid changes, new spark plugs, distributer cap and rotor, checked all my injectors and replaced their o-rings, new battery and just last week I got a new steering gear box.
crazyjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #18
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjz View Post
I don't yet have a budget because I am unfamiliar with costs on just about everything I could throw out a price but it might be laughably unrealistic.but looking at the suggestions people have been sending me (thank you all by the way) the 4.25" zone combo lift for $550 seems like a price I would be willing to pay.

Attachment 525931

Here is my 97 tj in the summer of 2011, the only things I have done to it between now and then have been standard fluid changes, new spark plugs, distributer cap and rotor, checked all my injectors and replaced their o-rings, new battery and just last week I got a new steering gear box.
You can spend anywhere from $500 as you mentioned for a budget kit up to many thousands of dollars for a complete no compromise kit.

Fender Kit I mentioned(Metal Cloak bolt on kit)would run you about $1200. Its more money, but your not half @ssing your suspension to get 33's on there.
GMBNT42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #19
2004sahara
2004 TJ Wrangler 

2inch bds....less chance of drive line vibes... Plus non fine print warranty.

1inch energy suspension body lift....all new bit( not stacking of spacers )

33 10.5 15....ok in the woods and you can still run the hwy

This combo works for me... Good luck to you and your jeep

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.