JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   Which Lift should i get? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/lift-should-i-get-1586993/)

ggilbert4014 09-14-2013 11:36 PM

Which Lift should i get?

Hey I'm new to the forum!
I have an 02 TJ stock everything, i want to lift it ASAP. I am unsure on which lift i should get, i love the look of a 4" lift.
I go off road quite often and go mudding when it rains.
I want a 4" lift kit, but there are so many options out there (long arms, short arms, brands, etc.) and I'm not sure which one to get and what else will i need to get when i get the lift?

And if i were to go with the 2.5" lift whick kit should I get? would i need to get anything else with the with this kit?

Edit: THIS IS MY DAILY DRIVER

Necko2529 09-15-2013 12:14 AM

Welcome to Jeep Forum.

How much are you willing to spend? That's going to dictate the amount of lift and quality of components...

sunsetclb 09-16-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggilbert4014 (Post 16013609)
I have an 02 TJ stock everything, i want to lift it ASAP. I am unsure on which lift i should get, i love the look of a 4" lift.
I want a 4" lift kit, but there are so many options out there (long arms, short arms, brands, etc.) and I'm not sure which one to get and what else will i need to get when i get the lift?

And if i were to go with the 2.5" lift whick kit should I get? would i need to get anything else with the with this kit?

Like me you have a lot of reading to do.... :(

tyvanwie 09-16-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by necko2529
welcome to jeep forum.

How much are you willing to spend? That's going to dictate the amount of lift and quality of components...

x2

Ross 09-16-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggilbert4014 (Post 16013609)

If you are not stuck on 4" a good lesser expensive route is a 2" budget boost and a I inch body lift. This will clear 33s with minimal expense. This, some good tires and some disconnects for your front sway bars can get you allot of places.

If you go more than 2 on your suspension you run the risk of having drive line vibration to deal with. At that point you will need more after marked components and the cost goes up.
Budget is a big deal here.

RnEmOvr 09-16-2013 08:59 AM

What is planned tire size as well? 4" is not needed for 33s, a 2.5" lift with a 1" BL will clear 33s just fine. A 4" lift will require a SYE and CV drive shaft in addition to the lift.

brandonbell217 09-17-2013 04:41 AM

What about control arms? Do u need to upgrade those with the ate as well?

Ross 09-17-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonbell217 (Post 16073681)
What about control arms? Do u need to upgrade those with the ate as well?

Depends on how much lift. I have three inch suspension lift. When I first put it on I needed adjustable rears and still had to do a tcase drop. My kit came with front lowers also.

I now have the 3'' plus a tummy tuck and I also need adjustable rear uppers and a SYE but have the regular stock upper still up front.

Not all lifts are the same. Many are advertised as 3" or 4" but when installed different brand lifts very in height.

A 2” budget boost shouldn’t need adjustable arms.

owen3544 09-17-2013 08:56 AM

go with an OME 2" kit. Good brand, and not as parts intensive as a 4" will be. With a 4" lift chances are you will want to put 35" tires on it, and that is a long road that will require deep pockets. If you have the money to spend and the time to do it right then I would go with a savvy 4" lift with the antirock option.

05LJTampa 09-17-2013 10:44 PM

I'll add that I went with OME 2.5", 1.25 BL, 1"MML a few months ago from stock running 33s. mine is my daily driver as well. Researched more than I would have ever imagined on this forum before making the decision. Dont regret it one bit.

The time now is 09:47 PM.