lift questions , ive searched but no definite answers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > lift questions , ive searched but no definite answers

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-31-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
XlostJeepX

lift questions , ive searched but no definite answers

ok I have a 03 rubicon , i will be lifting it soon , i have to plans of attack but not sure what to go with

rough country 3.25 lift plus 1.25 body lift and mml
and eventually replace all control arms with adjustable flex arms when finances allow
seems like a good plan to me ,I like not having a transfer case drop
but would i need a front track bar with this , cant seem to find a track far for a small lift that will fit the rubicon front dana 44, how much lateral shift would i have with this small of a lift

or the 4 inch rough country series II with the fixed control arms
eventually replace all control arms as well , and a new drive shaft to boot
I like the height of this kit , dont have to mess with a body lift (i think there ugly even at just an inch ) worried about running the fixed arms that the kit supplies in fear that they are too stiff and will damage the upper control arm mounts . my jeep actually sees trail time at least once a week so usability is important to me , although im just not able to afford the top shelf parts all at once so I gotta develop a plan and build slowly , how is the ride on this kit , are the bushings in the control arms really stiff?

XlostJeepX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not gonna get deep into this since much of it can be found by research and the search function. But don't waste your money on RC's old control arms. If you're going to go with a 4" kit, get the X series. Good control arms. If you want the best, go Currie or Rokmen control arms. Same with track bars--Currie. What size tire will you be running? Lastly, small body lifts are not a bad thing. They allow you to do a tummy tuck, run a MML (but are not needed for this) and run a gas tank tuck.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 10:21 PM   #3
XlostJeepX

305/70/16, cooper stts there website says 33.7 x 12 so im assuming they will be slightly larger then most 33x12.50 15's
and actually I would love to go with rokmen arms , Ideally my lift would consit of ome 2.5 hd springs ome shocks , 1 inch body lift and mml and rokmen arms and 33's but its a little pricey for my budget
XlostJeepX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Good plan. Save up and get what you want the first time. I know it's tough and you want to do it now but it will be worth the wait and $$ saving in the long run. Compile a list of everything you want to run and do it all when you can. For instance:
OME 2.5" HD springs
OME L shocks
1" bl and MML
Rokmen arms--all 8
Currie front/rear track bars
JKS front/rear sway bar links

That's a solid bunch of parts right there. You'll spend a lot less just getting what you REALLY want in the end vs. crappy stuff now and nice stuff then.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 05:45 AM   #5
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Good plan. Save up and get what you want the first time. I know it's tough and you want to do it now but it will be worth the wait and $$ saving in the long run. Compile a list of everything you want to run and do it all when you can. You'll spend a lot less just getting what you REALLY want in the end vs. crappy stuff now and nice stuff then.
^x2. I fell in to that trap myself. I got lucky and didn't end up with crappy stuff, just some stuff that I'm now going to replace at about the 5 month mark. I think that happens to alot of folks though...
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 06:45 AM   #6
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Good plan. Save up and get what you want the first time. I know it's tough and you want to do it now but it will be worth the wait and $$ saving in the long run. Compile a list of everything you want to run and do it all when you can. For instance:
OME 2.5" HD springs
OME L shocks
1" bl and MML
Rokmen arms--all 8
Currie front/rear track bars
JKS front/rear sway bar links

That's a solid bunch of parts right there. You'll spend a lot less just getting what you REALLY want in the end vs. crappy stuff now and nice stuff then.
Don't go with OME L (extended) shocks unless you plan on welding shock relocators to the axle. they will ride like crap since they don't have enough uptravel. they'll act as bumpstops they will overflex offroad too, possibly causing the spring to fall out. stick with the standard length OME shocks.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.