Lift questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift questions

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
DirtRider1357
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Lift questions

I'm about to purchase zones 1.25" body lift and I want to get a brown dog ultra flex motor mount lift but I don't know if I should get the 1", 1.5", or 2" lift.

Also I have a 4 inch suspension lift and need new brake lines. Is there a brand that anyone recommends?

DirtRider1357 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just get the 1". Situations for using those higher ones are rare and they can create issues actually.

Just get parts store YJ hoses for the front. That's all you need to change to account for the lift. If you are saying your hard lines are rusted that's a different question.
Unread 07-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
DirtRider1357
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hard lines are good, jus need new soft. Is it worth going stainless braided or are the yj ones sufficient enough
Unread 07-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar
just get the 1". Situations for using those higher ones are rare and they can create issues actually.

Just get parts store yj hoses for the front. That's all you need to change to account for the lift. If you are saying your hard lines are rusted that's a different question.
x2.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRider1357 View Post
Hard lines are good, jus need new soft. Is it worth going stainless braided or are the yj ones sufficient enough
The yj ones are what you need.
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 04:12 AM   #6
DirtRider1357
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yj front and back or just front.
Unread 07-12-2013, 06:42 AM   #7
JEK3
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Just front. The rear brakes are routed along the axle, so less concern there.

Sent you a PM.
JEK3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.