Lift Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift Question

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 06-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
mitch82
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Lift Question

hey guys, i just put on 2in coil spacers on my tj and i love it but i want a bigger lift. How high can i go before i have to start messing with other stuff like the transfer case and brake lines and stuff? And what is a cheap way to do this, and add just alittle bit more? thanks

mitch82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch82 View Post
hey guys, i just put on 2in coil spacers on my tj and i love it but i want a bigger lift. How high can i go before i have to start messing with other stuff like the transfer case and brake lines and stuff? And what is a cheap way to do this, and add just alittle bit more? thanks
You're at the limit.Add a 1.25" BL for more lift without the headaches.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
mitch82
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thanks man, what would i have to change if i added 2 more inchs with new coils?
Unread 06-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
Richierich1105
1997 TJ Wrangler 

x2 on the body lift and its really not noticeable unless you are looking for it..id suggest a mml while youre at it to keep from having to trim the fan shroud..i trimmed mine but it rubs the fan slightly when the body shifts/rolls around sharp turns and when flexed..i plan on doing one when i get the extra cash..also as far as lift goes, ive got a 2.5 lift and only had to shim the t-case skid about a half inch to eliminate vibes

Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/97-tj-mobetta-1327147/[/url]
Richierich1105 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
mitch82
1998 TJ Wrangler 

nice, thanks, would i be able to pick something up at like home depot to make the spacers bigger, like a couple washers or something?
Unread 06-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #6
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
nice, thanks, would i be able to pick something up at like home depot to make the spacers bigger, like a couple washers or something?
Nope,you can buy a quality 1.25" BL with everything you need for around $100.If you try to make one it's a PITA to make grill supports,fan shroud relocation bracket and t case bracket.If you've never done one,you could still do it yourself in 2 hours with minimal tools.
Unread 06-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #7
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
thanks man, what would i have to change if i added 2 more inchs with new coils?
if you want a total of 4" of suspension lift, you'll need everything required for 4" of suspension lift. combining lift coils with 2" BB spacers is a bad idea due to something called coil bind. for this reason you get 4" lift coils.

in addition to new coils, you'll need new shocks, SYE/CV shaft, adjustable control arms, adjustable track bars, rear track bar relocation bracket, longer brake lines, longer sway bar links, upgraded steering, upgraded brakes and proper length bumpstop extensions.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
proper length bumpstop extensions.
Your job is done with this.
Unread 06-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #9
Richierich1105
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Nope,you can buy a quality 1.25" BL with everything you need for around $100.If you try to make one it's a PITA to make grill supports,fan shroud relocation bracket and t case bracket.If you've never done one,you could still do it yourself in 2 hours with minimal tools.
I did mine in my condo parking lot with nothing but a hi-lift and a socket set..Rokmen has a video on you tube that breaks it down real well..I would'nt recommend going to a 4" if you are trying to be inexpensive

Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/97-tj-mobetta-1327147/[/url]
Richierich1105 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
coil , jeep , lift , spacer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.