lift kits - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > lift kits

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-24-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
rickieross
1998 TJ Wrangler 

lift kits

i want a 4 inch lift off rough country its the 4" Series II Lift fallen price on sale lift is that all i need or do i have to get the 4" X-series Lift thats twice as much its for a 98 tj wrangler the 4" X-series Lift come with much more but the series II says its a complete kit

rickieross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #2
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

well first of all, punctuation is very very useful...

and second, not sure what your question is, due to lack of punctuation
PurpleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickieross View Post
i want a 4 inch lift off rough country its the 4" Series II Lift fallen price on sale lift is that all i need or do i have to get the 4" X-series Lift thats twice as much its for a 98 tj wrangler the 4" X-series Lift come with much more but the series II says its a complete kit
What?????????
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #4
N2SPD
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I want a 4 inch lift. Rough Country has the 4" Series II Lift on sale. Is that all i need or do i have to get the 4" X-series Lift thats has twice as much. It is for a 98 tj wrangler. The 4" X-series Lift comes with much more but the series II says its a complete kit.

I think this might be what he is trying to say.
N2SPD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2009, 06:52 AM   #5
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

There's a big reason the X-series costs more---all 8 control arms are adjustable. With the II series kit, you get four new lowers (no uppers), and they're fixed (although presumably a little longer than stock) rather than adjustable.
Do a search and read up on pinion angle, caster, and wheelbase adjustments and you'll see why it's worth the extra money to get the adjustable arms. Not to mention they're supposed to be significantly stronger than the stock arms.
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #6
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The X series lift is more than twice the lift of the series 2. The series 2 lift is not complete as much as they would like to say it is. If you want to go cheap I would look at the RC 2.5" lift or the 3.25" lift. Many here had put the series 2 in and realized they then have to fork out more cash for adjustable uppers and lowers. Plus with the X not only do you get adjustable lowers and uppers you sway bar disconnects. If you jeep is stock you are also going to have to look at an SYE and and a new drive shaft, with 4" of lift, where as with 2.5" if you did a 1.25" body lift and 1" motor mount lift you probably would not.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.