Lift kit suggestions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift kit suggestions

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 02-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #16
jwill
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Since the op is asking for suggestions, i'll offer my recommendation based on my set up. 2.5" OME lift with JKS 1.25" BL and 1" MML. I can't say enough good things about this set up. Easily clears 33s and rides/handles great. You can run stock CAs assuming bushings are still good or upgrade to adjustables to dial it in. I like the BL because of the options I have now with raised gas tank skids,tummy tucks, etc

Unread 02-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #17
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

2" BDS is a little more than the RC kit and has a much better warranty, if not the best.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #18
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckshotTJ01 View Post
I know that there are some benefits for a body lift.. Im just saying its not the best lift. Like I wouldn't recommend it because it looks horrible. Full on suspension lift is the way to go.
Not a really good reason to not get a BL, that's obviously your opinion but I've seen a lot of great looking rigs with a 1" BL. to many people, efficiency wins over looks and would rather have the extra clearance then care about a spacer that you could also cover up in a way. Everyone's got there own opinion
ctorres018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #19
tway88
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckshotTJ01 View Post
Do not go with a body lift.. All they do is look horrific. Id say go with a 3 in suspension lift and set some 33's under it. You could go into a 4 in but then you would have to replace the control arms (a lot more $$$). Also when you put 35's on your Jeep it really cuts down your horsepower, torque, and gas mileage. In my opinion your best bet would be to go with the 3 in suspension lift with 33 in tires.

I have a 3 in suspension lift wrapped up with 33 in tires.
Thanks for the info. Your Jeep looks great, what kind of tires do you have? Also, what do you think of the Pro Comp Extreme All Terrain 33 in x 12.5R15?
tway88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #20
BuckshotTJ01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks. I have Toyo Open Country MT 33x12.50r15. I am highly satisfied with them. They are great on the trials and the road. The only bad part about Toyo tires is that there isn't a ton of Toyo dealers (especially here in Pcola Fl). And I have herd that Pro Comp tires are pretty good. If I'm not mistaken they have good tread life.
BuckshotTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.