Lift Kit Questions - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 43 Old 08-29-2013, 10:08 PM
rchase559
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 'Merica
Posts: 2,232
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...it-fit-738948/

rchase559 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 43 Old 08-30-2013, 08:24 AM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion
 
Unlimited04's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 24,178
Unlimited04 is offline  
post #33 of 43 Old 09-13-2013, 03:33 PM
jeeps4life16
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: simcoe
Posts: 7
Jeep lift question

Hey all I'm sorta new to the forum and was hoping someone could lend me some advice. I have A 2000 tj wrangler 5 speed with a 4 " rough country lift. Running on 35" Toyo mts. I also have a 1.25" bl that I have not yet installed because I'm not sure what mml I should go with? The 4" sl came with a t/c drop and if I could eliminate that with the mml that would be great. I need to know what mml to go with for the 4" sl and 1.25"bl any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks
jeeps4life16 is offline  
post #34 of 43 Old 09-13-2013, 03:36 PM
biffgnar
Moderator
 
biffgnar's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 20,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps4life16 View Post
Hey all I'm sorta new to the forum and was hoping someone could lend me some advice. I have A 2000 tj wrangler 5 speed with a 4 " rough country lift. Running on 35" Toyo mts. I also have a 1.25" bl that I have not yet installed because I'm not sure what mml I should go with? The 4" sl came with a t/c drop and if I could eliminate that with the mml that would be great. I need to know what mml to go with for the 4" sl and 1.25"bl any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks
An mml is not going to eliminate vibes with a 4" lift. You need SYE, double cardan shaft, adjustable rear arms, etc.

#LetGaryDebate
biffgnar is online now  
post #35 of 43 Old 09-13-2013, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
BABrax
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Broken Arrow
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps4life16 View Post
Hey all I'm sorta new to the forum and was hoping someone could lend me some advice. I have A 2000 tj wrangler 5 speed with a 4 " rough country lift. Running on 35" Toyo mts. I also have a 1.25" bl that I have not yet installed because I'm not sure what mml I should go with? The 4" sl came with a t/c drop and if I could eliminate that with the mml that would be great. I need to know what mml to go with for the 4" sl and 1.25"bl any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
An mml is not going to eliminate vibes with a 4" lift. You need SYE, double cardan shaft, adjustable rear arms, etc.
With my 4" lift all i did was an SYE and took out the TC drop and i dont have vibrations at all. plus new front and rear drive shafts. I can drive 75 on 33's no problem
BABrax is offline  
post #36 of 43 Old 09-13-2013, 03:56 PM
jeeps4life16
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: simcoe
Posts: 7
I'm currently not getting any vibes right now but I'm going to put in the 1.25 bl and know I will need a mml to be able to shift properly all ready have work done to the rear driveshaft.
jeeps4life16 is offline  
post #37 of 43 Old 09-13-2013, 04:02 PM
jeeps4life16
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: simcoe
Posts: 7
My problem is I'm running 35s and would like to be able to take the sway bar links off when I go offroading so I need the 1.25 bl that I have already purchased installed just wanted to avoid any issues when doing this. I figured the 1 inch mml would solve any bad vibes I might get and would help improve driveline angles to what they are like now.
jeeps4life16 is offline  
post #38 of 43 Old 09-13-2013, 04:06 PM
tyvanwie
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone
Posts: 9,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps4life16
My problem is I'm running 35s and would like to be able to take the sway bar links off when I go offroading so I need the 1.25 bl that I have already purchased installed just wanted to avoid any issues when doing this. I figured the 1 inch mml would solve any bad vibes I might get and would help improve driveline angles to what they are like now.
A body lift doesn't change driveline angles

I don't even own a jeep anymore
tyvanwie is offline  
post #39 of 43 Old 09-13-2013, 04:19 PM
jeeps4life16
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: simcoe
Posts: 7
I understand that but by lifting the body I think I'll have a problem with the shifter by lifting the motor the tranny would move up as well making it easier for me to shift and the mml would help with the fan shroud when I put in the bl right?
jeeps4life16 is offline  
post #40 of 43 Old 09-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired
 
Knuckelhead's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 19,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps4life16 View Post
I understand that but by lifting the body I think I'll have a problem with the shifter by lifting the motor the tranny would move up as well making it easier for me to shift and the mml would help with the fan shroud when I put in the bl right?
Yes it would help...
Knuckelhead is offline  
post #41 of 43 Old 09-13-2013, 08:23 PM
jeeps4life16
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: simcoe
Posts: 7
By putting in say a 2 inch mml would that eliminate the t/c drop or should I just go with a 1 inch mml and sye to eliminate the transfer case drop lol I appreciate the help guys
jeeps4life16 is offline  
post #42 of 43 Old 09-13-2013, 08:34 PM
biffgnar
Moderator
 
biffgnar's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 20,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps4life16 View Post
By putting in say a 2 inch mml would that eliminate the t/c drop or should I just go with a 1 inch mml and sye to eliminate the transfer case drop lol I appreciate the help guys
While not impossible anything above a 1" mml runs into clearance issues at the firewall/tunnel. SYE and double cardan driveshaft is the right answer.

#LetGaryDebate
biffgnar is online now  
post #43 of 43 Old 09-13-2013, 10:15 PM
jeeps4life16
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: simcoe
Posts: 7
Alright thanks for the advice I will look into that
jeeps4life16 is offline  
Reply

Tags
jeep tj , lift advice , lift kit , lift kit advice , skyjacker

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome