Lift Kit Maintenance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift Kit Maintenance

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #1
tree33
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Lift Kit Maintenance

alright guys, sitting here this morning thinking about my up coming wheeling trip i have come to a big realization that i have done pretty much no major maintenance to my lift kit since i put it on in the fall of 09. I have put close to 40,000 miles on my kit and i am wondering what i should do as far maintenance on my rough country short arm 4 inch standard arm lift. I have a couple weeks after i get back sunday from wheeling to get stuff done so i figure i might try to do some maintenance. what do you guys suggest, and any upgrades instead of putting new joints in bad parts would be fine. my lift came with only lower control arms so the uppers are stock. oh and i just replaced my front track bar due to snapping the other one in half the last time i was out.

ps since i know i have not updated my profile in a while here are my jeep specs. 98 tj sahara with 106,000 running 4 inch rough country lift with 2.2 shocks, tcase drop, running 33 inch mtzs, sparten locker in the front, stock axles, 3.07 gears and ask if you need anything else.

thanks guys

98 Tj Sahara "Sahara Club #49"
RIP=92 Yj
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
tree33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
tree33
1998 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_tj_4.php this is basically my lift kit with different shocks
RIP=92 Yj
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #3
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Grease your springs.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
tree33
1998 TJ Wrangler 

imped the plates?
RIP=92 Yj
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm kidding.....

Suspension maintenance is suspension maintenance. Check for loose fasteners, grease control arm ends if applicable, check and grease the steering TRE's and ball joints, etc. Maintenance is maintenance regardless of whose suspension components are installed.
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #6
tree33
1998 TJ Wrangler 

ok, you got me on the spring grease haha but i got ya. the rough country control arms don't have grease fittings unfortunately, should i look into replacing the joints on my lower control arms soon? and since the uppers are stock should i look at those also, i get under and check make sure everything is tight visually every once in a while.
RIP=92 Yj
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #7
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well, do they need to be replaced? If so, replace them. If not, don't.

It's really that simple......

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.