leveling kit after lift kit - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > leveling kit after lift kit

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRCV Axles at CCOR

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #16
97TJSPRT
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBum View Post
They are 3.73's. It is just fine for me, and its my dd.
really? because i heard that stock gears can barely make it up hills with 33s?

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #279
97TJSPRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #17
RyanBum
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TJSPRT

Alot of the guys here over exaggerate how bad they think stock gears are. I live in the mountains of NC and I can run it at 65 on the highway and keep it in 5th gear all day long. Its not a corvette, but it still has plenty of power and torque. It is definitely livable, and I don't plan to regear unless I step up to 35s down the road. Don't listen to everything you read about on here, sometimes just try it and find out for yourself. I would recommend you throw a set of 33s on it if you have 3.73s.

Christian Jeep Club Member #47
RyanBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #18
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TJSPRT View Post
Funny thing - people that say their stock gears work with 33s or 35s are losing OD, and once they regear they all say "WOW!" in amazement of how much power they'd lost.

Either way, don't forget to change out the speedo gear. Also if you have a 1997, you don't have a 4-speed auto...you have a 32RH 3-speed auto.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #19
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBum View Post
Don't listen to everything you read about on here, sometimes just try it and find out for yourself. I
I've done that since I first joined JF years ago.I love to test people's opinions and treat my Jeep like an episode of "Myth Busters".
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 12:26 PM   #20
kfdjason7620
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBum

Alot of the guys here over exaggerate how bad they think stock gears are. I live in the mountains of NC and I can run it at 65 on the highway and keep it in 5th gear all day long. Its not a corvette, but it still has plenty of power and torque. It is definitely livable, and I don't plan to regear unless I step up to 35s down the road. Don't listen to everything you read about on here, sometimes just try it and find out for yourself. I would recommend you throw a set of 33s on it if you have 3.73s.
Yeah I been running 31's for years now on my 3.07's, I mean I'm not entering no tractor pull but its fine with me, 12-1500 dollars is not something I got laying around
kfdjason7620 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling , leveling lift , lift , lift + spacers , suspension

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.