Let's see your custom fabbed axle end anti-sway bar link mounts. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Let's see your custom fabbed axle end anti-sway bar link mounts.

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 10-26-2009, 07:03 AM   #1
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Let's see your custom fabbed axle end anti-sway bar link mounts.

I grossly over estimated the strenght of the angle iron I used to make the brackets to attach the sway bar links to the axle. The first time I got off camber they twisted like pretzels. It looked like some type of failed origami experiment. I have some ideas of how to make the new ones, but would like to see what some others have done. My passenger (my left( side is pretty cluttered up with bracketry right next to the diff. I obvioslu have to bring them all the way down to the tubes, because the driver's side actually bent the spring perch where I had attached them. just thought it would be a good idea to see some other ideas before I start getting into the fab. The passenger side will also most likely be used to mount the steering stabilizer. I had used 1 1/2"x 1 1/2"x 1/8" angle. they were 6" tall (off of the spring perches) to clear the steering. I'll see if I can find some pictures...

EDIT: Yeah, I see that I typod the title and left the "r" off, but I don't know how to fix that...

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #2
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Bump for lunch time crowd...

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
Unread 10-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
cj7Sswampers
1982 CJ7 

Are you sure that thing is safe? It doesn't look like anything...
Unread 10-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #4
Fourbycor
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Mine seems to have held up fine....
'02 YellowTJ Sport, 5-speed, Custom 4-link/3-link, King Coilover's, GenRight stuff, 37" Nitto's on Raceline's, Tom Woods Shafts, ARB's, RCV Shafts, Reid Knuckles, 5.13's, PSC Hydro assist, Rock Hard Cage, Warn M8000, Teralow 4:1.
Proud member of the 2011 & 2012 Ultimate Adventure
Fourbycor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 05:01 AM   #5
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7Sswampers View Post
Are you sure that thing is safe? It doesn't look like anything...
That's the point, they didn't hold up at all and bent like pretzels. I have made a new one on the passenger side out of 1/4" plate, still have to do the driver's side one...

Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.