Let's see your custom fabbed axle end anti-sway bar link mounts. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-26-2009, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
NotURMailman
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Let's see your custom fabbed axle end anti-sway bar link mounts.

I grossly over estimated the strenght of the angle iron I used to make the brackets to attach the sway bar links to the axle. The first time I got off camber they twisted like pretzels. It looked like some type of failed origami experiment. I have some ideas of how to make the new ones, but would like to see what some others have done. My passenger (my left( side is pretty cluttered up with bracketry right next to the diff. I obvioslu have to bring them all the way down to the tubes, because the driver's side actually bent the spring perch where I had attached them. just thought it would be a good idea to see some other ideas before I start getting into the fab. The passenger side will also most likely be used to mount the steering stabilizer. I had used 1 1/2"x 1 1/2"x 1/8" angle. they were 6" tall (off of the spring perches) to clear the steering. I'll see if I can find some pictures...

EDIT: Yeah, I see that I typod the title and left the "r" off, but I don't know how to fix that...

My RHD TJ - Savvy equipped... And loving it!

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
It's difficult to take you seriously. It's like you're an easily perturbed autistic teenager who's drunk typing the whole time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-26-2009, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
NotURMailman
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Bump for lunch time crowd...

Quote:
It's difficult to take you seriously. It's like you're an easily perturbed autistic teenager who's drunk typing the whole time.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-26-2009, 04:55 PM
cj7Sswampers
1982 CJ7 

Are you sure that thing is safe? It doesn't look like anything...

P$yCh0--82' CJ7--Chevy 305--T-176--Dana 300--39.5" Super Swamper TSL's--12" lift--S.O.A. Conversion--Old Sarge
EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
post #4 of 5 Old 10-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Fourbycor

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Mine seems to have held up fine....

'02 YellowTJ Sport, 5-speed, Custom 4-link/3-link, King Coilover's, GenRight stuff, 37" Nitto's on Raceline's, Tom Woods Shafts, ARB's, RCV Shafts, Reid Knuckles, 5.13's, PSC Hydro assist, Rock Hard Cage, Warn M8000, Teralow 4:1.
Proud member of the 2011 & 2012 Ultimate Adventure
post #5 of 5 Old 12-09-2009, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
NotURMailman
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7Sswampers View Post
Are you sure that thing is safe? It doesn't look like anything...
That's the point, they didn't hold up at all and bent like pretzels. I have made a new one on the passenger side out of 1/4" plate, still have to do the driver's side one...

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.