LED Turn Signal Installation - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > LED Turn Signal Installation

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #16
04axeman
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gophish822
Sorry for yet another led won't work question but it here goes. I've read and read and read and I haven't found a definitive answer. I installed side markers (2 wire) and front running (3 wire). I followed the write up but now I have no blinkers or flashers/emergencies. I just want a sign of life of some flash. Lights will light, no tick or indicators lit on gauge but still no flash. Break lights light and illuminate when break applied but no flash.
Did you reverse the diode on accident? Also, the side running lights are run off the 3 wire front turn/running lights. SO you probably have the side lights wired before the diode resistor set up? I had to run my side lights in series not parallel with the front lights.

04axeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #17
gophish822
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So I followed your writeup to the T but my indicators stay illuminated? No indicator lights on the dash with lights off, but once I flip on for running lights or running/ headlights both left and right indicator arrows will light up dimly. Once i flip on my hazards or blinkers they will flash brighter. All is well and functioning but them darn indicators on the dash are bothering me. Any ideas? Don't know if its relevant or not but I'm running wally world flush mount leds in the rear and some leds have recently burnt out.

GRAVITY SUCKS! -Wife
gophish822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #18
twofiveLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gophish822
So I followed your writeup to the T but my indicators stay illuminated? No indicator lights on the dash with lights off, but once I flip on for running lights or running/ headlights both left and right indicator arrows will light up dimly. Once i flip on my hazards or blinkers they will flash brighter. All is well and functioning but them darn indicators on the dash are bothering me. Any ideas? Don't know if its relevant or not but I'm running wally world flush mount leds in the rear and some leds have recently burnt out.
I had the same issue. Try swapping the wire's around. I think I had my running light/blinker wire's backwards. Something like that
twofiveLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #19
gophish822
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Did you end up fixing yours by switching them?

GRAVITY SUCKS! -Wife
Unread 01-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #20
twofiveLO

Yeah I think that was it. It's been awhile. It's worth a shot

Last edited by twofiveLO; 01-24-2012 at 01:18 AM..
twofiveLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #21
Archduke

Hate to make my first post a q about such an old thread...

But I followed this exactly on my '97 TJ and the lights work perfectly with the headlight switch in the on or running lights positions, and the lights just BARELY glow when the switch is in the off position, and (here's what I think is the weird part) no flash.

Anyone got any bright ideas? I left my test leads with alligator clips at work so I'm going to try switching wires around tomorrow...
Archduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #22
ocnorb
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Do you have any concerns of the resistors producing excess heat. I have read that this could be an issue
ocnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #23
gophish822
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well I didn't until now I haven't had any problems yet. How much excess heat we talking here?

GRAVITY SUCKS! -Wife
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #24
ocnorb
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If you go to post #5 on the first page of this thread, click on the first link. Starting on page 4 of that write up it discusses issues of resistors heating up & melting tape & insulation. I'm wondering if anybody here had similar issues
Unread 03-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #25
gophish822
2005 LJ Wrangler 

that's interesting. I didn't mod my flasher at all and everything is kosher. It's def something to look into tho.

GRAVITY SUCKS! -Wife
Unread 03-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #26
noise_maker
2000 TJ Wrangler 

great write up! One note about the resistors though. I used AutoSmart KL-15103AK Amber 2" for the front lights and i ended up needing 50-100 resistor to get it to work correctly. The one side of the circuit would never work using the 560 ohm using the light i bought as the light just doesn't draw enough

After some trial and error i landed on 100 ohm so as to have decently bright marker lights but have a good differentiation between the turn and the marker while the head lights are on.
noise_maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #27
ocnorb
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Are you guys using the same method for the 2 signal wires on the side markers, if your running side markers
Unread 04-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #28
gophish822
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yes sir. Two wire here for me

GRAVITY SUCKS! -Wife
Unread 04-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #29
kdukes4
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I did this mod last weekend but ran into some troubles. I already have the Genright side marker installed on the side wall of my tube fenders and turn signal lamps installed in the front of the tube fender. the previous owner installed them. Currently, when i drive only the side markers turn on when i flip the marker switch or headlights on and they do not blink, also, the turn signal bulbs installed in the front of the tube fender do not turn on at all, they just blink. therefore, any oncoming traffic doesn't see any orange marker lights, and only see's the small single led bulb blink when i want to turn. And since my side markers don't blink at all, i feel that it would be safer for other drivers to see them actually blink like they should. I have a LED relay installed. SO I wanted to install a set of led's into the grill to match my side markers and set them both up so that they'd blink opposite timing of the little genright round light and also act as marker lights. I bought a set of 2" round led's from napa made by trucklite, with one single LED bulb. I tried the diodes and resistors but when i turned on the blinker, the marker lamps wouldn't blink. they'd remain acting like marker lights. I'm not an electrical guru at all, but should i try a smaller size resistor since i'm dealing with one led bulb? i went all the way down to 1/2 watt 47 ohm...
Unread 10-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #30
snowrydr01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

OK what do I do about the two wire light for the side blinkers? Wire them straight or do they need the resisters or diodes. I jumped the gun and wired them as if there would be three wires there too.
snowrydr01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led , turn signal , write up , write-up , installation , install , tj , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.