LED Tail Light Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > LED Tail Light Problem

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #1
quentinp35
2005 TJ Wrangler 

LED Tail Light Problem

okay so i installed or i am in the process of installing LED taillights flush mounted. i have ran into a problem and can not seem to figure out the solution. installed drivers side tailight and works fine (just the fast flash). installed passenger side and its acting all kinds of stupid
it comes on and sometimes my turn signal indicator stays on and when i turn signal on it just buzzes or does nothing and random. emergency flashers work fine.

what could be the problem?
-grounding issue?
-needs new flasher?

help please need to get back on road asap.

quentinp35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 09:56 PM   #2
quentinp35
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Now no running lights in my tail lights. Probably a fuse. Gonna track it down in the morning and go get a ep27 flasher
quentinp35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 10:13 PM   #3
Jonathanjr1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I seen this video on you tube of a guy installing leds on a cherokee. He used a trailer converter box to get the running break and turn signals to work.

Heres the video it might help.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=des...&v=aHjKqACSu4A
Jonathanjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 09:05 AM   #4
festerw
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Triple check the ground on that side.

LM470 is the correct flasher for your 05, the EP27 will work but the signals will still work after the ignition is shut off.

Also a trailer wiring box isn't necessary for a TJ.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.