LED lights wont turn off - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > LED lights wont turn off

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
tri486
2000 TJ Wrangler 

LED lights wont turn off

So I replaced all my lights inside the cab with LED's ( driver, passenger feet, and overhead light). Somehow they are still being powered but at half the power. I have my lights/door hooked to a switch so when my door are off I can hit the switch to turn the beeping and lights off. But when I hit the switch to turn it on, the lights turn on to full power any ideas? When I had the original bulbs in they never were lit half way only with the LED's.

Thank you

Unread 08-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

i had the same issue... i think since LED's require such little power, a resistor is required in line with the + 12 volt in to the light... i do not know which resistor - maybe some one else can post up!
aparke4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
tri486
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Cool, I will try one out. Thank you I like your profile pic. haha

Tags
cab , led , light , lights

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.