Leak Under The Dash?? HELP! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Leak Under The Dash?? HELP!

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 07-19-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
CONNOR_99TJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

Leak Under The Dash?? HELP!

I was driving in a torrential down pour today. As I was driving I felt water dripping down on my feet. There was water leaking from right under my feet, near the pedals. I am worried that this could become serious because there are some wires right where the leak is occurring. Does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks in advance.

CONNOR_99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
242TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

IMO, it is the cowl vent. Water can get inside and not drain out properly. I think there is a drain that can get clogged sometimes. Check out the link below, there are instruction on how to check the drain. Could be the windshield seal but I think that would leak more if it was just parked and water was just running down it. Going down the road a lot of water gets in that cowl vent. Good luck.

Water leaking - Lone Star Jeep Club
242TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 11:47 PM   #3
CONNOR_99TJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

it is most likely that winshield seal because i do not even have one!!
Unread 07-20-2010, 12:00 AM   #4
242TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONNOR99TJ View Post
it is most likely that winshield seal because i do not even have one!!
"We'll, there's your problem"

Its nice when its easy I guess. Quadratec has seals for WAY less than the dealer.
Unread 07-20-2010, 12:02 AM   #5
CONNOR_99TJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

is this it? Original Replacement Parts D4020 - Windshield Cowl Rubber Seal for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec
Unread 07-20-2010, 12:08 AM   #6
242TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thats the one. I had a friend with a CJ7 who bought a $200 seal from the dealer and then saw it on Quadratec for $30. No returns at this dealer...

Give them a call tomorrow just to make sure it is correct if you want, but the description sounds dead on to me.
Unread 07-20-2010, 12:12 AM   #7
CONNOR_99TJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

sounds good man! i appreciate all your help!
Unread 07-20-2010, 12:17 AM   #8
242TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

No problem, stay dry.

Tags
tj , wrangler , leak , dash , water

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.