Leak on drivers side of 2001 Jeep Wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Leak on drivers side of 2001 Jeep Wrangler

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 05-31-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
obiwon

Leak on drivers side of 2001 Jeep Wrangler

I think I've found my leak. It's the soft top front seal on the drivers side. I found a water mark on the inside of the Jeep at the corner where the top and front door meet. From the water mark, it would drip directly down into the floorboard which explains why it is dry under the brake and gas pedal area but can get totally soaked from the front door joint back towards the front seat.
I found a gap which might be normal on the rubber seal that is attached to the top frame above the windshield on the drivers and passenger side. Under normal circumstances I would assume this would divert excess water out and away from dripping inside the jeep but for some reason, either my top has an issue in closing tightly in that area or the ridge that runs along the seal stops at both corners and water is not diverted away and outside but dripping inside. I was wondering if I could put some silicone caulk at that point on each side to try and keep the water from dripping inside the vehicle or if that's a bad idea.
I'm going to check with the local jeep place and see if my front seal needs to be replaced or if the problem is my top where it comes down on top of the seal but was hoping to make a temporary fix with the silicone caulk if that will work or should even be done. Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated.

obiwon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak , seal

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.