LCA Eccentric Bolts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > LCA Eccentric Bolts

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
luvmusl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

LCA Eccentric Bolts

While removing my D30one of these bolts sheared. I searched and found that these type bolts are exclusive to 97. True? I am adding RE LCA's and swapping in a Rubi D44. The mounts on the D44 look identical to those on the D30. Do I need to replace those bolts with new eccentric bolts? Or are some new grade 8's okay to use?

luvmusl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Those eccentric bolts adjust your Caster angle. Many people (inlcuding myself) buy those to adjust our angles instead of buying aftermarket control arms. You can get away with grade 8's, but i'm not sure if it'll set your caster angle at the correct specs. As for getting those bolts, the only place I know of that sells them is the stealership for about 24 bucks....for a stupid bolt.

-Chris LeDoux

I never could figure what the sky was thinking, but the soil, she don't keep too many secrets.
LJameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2008, 07:54 PM   #3
luvmusl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So is it true that 97 was the only year those were standard?
luvmusl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2008, 08:18 AM   #4
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmusl View Post
So is it true that 97 was the only year those were standard?
Yep. They are a cheap and slightly effective way to adjust your caster, but at the expense of damaging the control arm mounts.

There's really not enough clamping surface at the bolt sleeve to keep the mounts in place if you stress them.

The non eccentrics use the big round washer locked into the horseshoes to help somewhat. Slotted holes are a fairly poor system overall given how much stress the axle can see when you put on larger tires.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.