Last minute lift and tire help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Last minute lift and tire help

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 07-21-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
Rellyynn
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Last minute lift and tire help

im gettin 33x10.5 KM2s, the 3.25 suspenion lift from Rough Country, and 15x8 52 series from pro comp. Once all this stuff is installed on my car, what all effects will it have? Is there anything I need to change and/or fix? Will I need new brakes? What all am i going to need to fix my car for all this stuff to be on?

I just want to make sure i got everything right once im getting this stuff on.

Thanks so much.

Rellyynn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 09:43 AM   #2
JeepGuy813
1997 TJ Wrangler 

wow, i never seen a car with a 3.25" suspension lift or some 33" km2's
JeepGuy813 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #3
LandoCommando
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Its not a car.

You might need a transfer case drop as you may get vibes.
You will need an adjustable front trackbar to compensate for the axle shift that will occur from the lift.
Depending on the backspacing on your rims you may need spacers.
You may need longer brake lines.

Oh the irony.
LandoCommando is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #4
Rellyynn
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandoCommando View Post
Its not a car.

You might need a transfer case drop as you may get vibes.
You will need an adjustable front trackbar to compensate for the axle shift that will occur from the lift.
Depending on the backspacing on your rims you may need spacers.
You may need longer brake lines.
Thanks. This will be my main car, it will be on the streets far more than in the mud. I may occasionly take it mudding. But if this is just my street car, will i still need all the stuff you had listed before?
Unread 07-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #5
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellyynn View Post
Thanks. This will be my main car, it will be on the streets far more than in the mud. I may occasionly take it mudding. But if this is just my street car, will i still need all the stuff you had listed before?
You will get flamed here for calling your Jeep a car, be careful

You may need to address vibrations with a combination of a motor mount lift or t-case drop after the lift. You won't know if you have vibes until after you drive it. You may want to consider an adjustable track bar to re-center your axle after the lift. However it's not entirely necessary for a street jeep. Get the correct backspacing for your wheels and you won't need spacers. 4"-3.75" BS should work well
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #6
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

It's not a car and it doesn't have a v6 either.Ditch the large t case drop supplied and do a MML for vibes.I had that lift on my JEEP with a BL/MML and 35's.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #7
Rellyynn
2006 TJ Wrangler 

on the 3.25 RC suspension lift it comes with (4) RCX Performance 2.2 series shocks, Front: 2.5" progressive rate coil springs, 0.75" poly isolater spacers, sway-bar links, and transfer case drop kit.

Rear: 2.5" progressive rate coil springs, 0.75" poly isolater spacers, sway-bar links, and track bar drop bracket.

is there anything else i need to add so i can have everything right? and how much do yall think it would cost to get a new break line?
Unread 07-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #8
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellyynn View Post
on the 3.25 RC suspension lift it comes with (4) RCX Performance 2.2 series shocks, Front: 2.5" progressive rate coil springs, 0.75" poly isolater spacers, sway-bar links, and transfer case drop kit.

Rear: 2.5" progressive rate coil springs, 0.75" poly isolater spacers, sway-bar links, and track bar drop bracket.

is there anything else i need to add so i can have everything right? and how much do yall think it would cost to get a new break line?
You can use the t case drop or get a 1" MML like I did.Why do you need a new brake line?Longer YJ lines will fit.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #9
Rellyynn
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
You can use the t case drop or get a 1" MML like I did.Why do you need a new brake line?Longer YJ lines will fit.
I read that if i were to get over than a 3" lift, ide need a new break line. But now i dont think i will, alot of people has said that i wont need one. But i do think the RC 3.25 suspension lift does come with a t case drop

Tags
km2 , pro comp , rough country , TJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.