Largest Tire on a Rubicon "Moab" Wheel? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Largest Tire on a Rubicon "Moab" Wheel?

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right hereJK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.

Unread 12-23-2004, 01:22 PM   #1
SteelBlueTJ
Web Wheeler
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Largest Tire on a Rubicon "Moab" Wheel?

What is the largest tire size I can get on a stock rubicon rim with no lifts of any kind? I am thinking about getting the rubi rims for my stock '99 Sport but was just wondering how big I can go before lifting. Thanks

SteelBlueTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2004, 01:55 PM   #2
AmberFireTJ

You are not going to want to get anything bigger than 31 inches. With a 2" BB you could clear 32's with minimal rubbing. If you added 3" of lift (ie: 2" BB and a 1" Body Lift) you could clear 33" tires.

Some people might try to tell you that you could run 32-33" tires on stock suspension, while possible, you will be rubbing your flares like crazy with any flex in the suspension.

Don't forget that the Moab wheels have 5" of backspacing so you may need to add wheel spacers if you use a tire wider than 10.5". Hope this helps, you can also try a search for more answers.
AmberFireTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2004, 02:11 PM   #3
Jeepxj96

You may have already been told this, But if you have just ignore it. You can try looking on Rubicon Owners forum for some answers.

Rubicon Owners Forum

Bob
Unread 12-23-2004, 05:46 PM   #4
DazedRangerFred

i think i heard that the largest tire that people would recommend putting on the moab rim was 35, but for the stock lift hit i would stay with the 31 at most
DazedRangerFred is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.