KWIT YNIN, git ta cuttin.. stuffin 37's under 2.5" lift. - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > KWIT YNIN, git ta cuttin.. stuffin 37's under 2.5" lift.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 12-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #61
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I assume you will be making your own rocker guards, when you do will you be compensating for the gaps that raising the fenders left?

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2008, 03:48 PM   #62
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
I'm running poison spider tube fenders and one of these days I am gonna get brave and do this myself...it looks sweet, I just REALLY don't wanna mess it up! I think the tubes would look sweet highlined...too bad you weren't in the midwest....

yeah, the spider tubes would look awesome.
I have started on rocker gaurds to cover the gap and protect the flare from snaging. snaging was a big problem for me before they were raised.

so far, I've hacked up some 1.5x3" 3/16" tube for the rocker duty. they'll be secured by the body bolts and the tub below the doors. haven't had the time to finish em yet.
it'll look kinda like the cj-7 trim bar, only larger and it wont ding.

something else I've thought of doing is build a bolt on steel fender gaurd/tube flares for the front to retain the stock turn signals, then the front of the stock fender could be hacked off and the gaurd would fit the higher grill contour, it would take a good hit to bend it unlike the stock fenders that wrinkle at the site of an oncoming tree.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2008, 04:55 PM   #63
neverbackdown
1998 TJ Wrangler 

so mudb8 right now i have a 4" lift with 33" if i did the trim what tire sizes would i be looking at? 38"s ?
Unread 12-20-2008, 04:56 PM   #64
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
so far, I've hacked up some 1.5x3" 3/16" tube for the rocker duty. they'll be secured by the body bolts and the tub below the doors. haven't had the time to finish em yet.
it'll look kinda like the cj-7 trim bar, only larger and it wont ding.

something else I've thought of doing is build a bolt on steel fender gaurd/tube flares for the front to retain the stock turn signals, then the front of the stock fender could be hacked off and the gaurd would fit the higher grill contour, it would take a good hit to bend it unlike the stock fenders that wrinkle at the site of an oncoming tree.
I am very interested in seeing both of these. as far as the fenders go, you should fab up a front grill hoop/tube fenders tied into each other, this would be sweet, you would have some killer strength then.

I like the idea of rocker guards that are similar to the ww2ww rockers, but have some steel to fill in the gap between the rocker and the fender to make it solid, so i wouldnt risk the chance of bending it or getting hung up on something (and to make it aesthetically pleasing) I don't have the fab skills to do this, but let me tell you, in my head it looks awesome

crawling this thread, looking forward to more updates

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 12-20-2008, 09:07 PM   #65
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverbackdown View Post
so mudb8 right now i have a 4" lift with 33" if i did the trim what tire sizes would i be looking at? 38"s ?
yeah, ya could run 38's with some more bumpstop up front and rear, provided ya currently have 2" over stock stops or a body lift, not exactly sure of what backspacing would be needed, I know with 37's and 15x8-3.5"bs they touch the shock tower fully stuffed and slightly rub the factory sway bar while turning. 2" bumpstops work great for 37's.
another thing, the evap can needs to be relocated for 37 and larger, I didn't move it, I put in an extra inch bumpstop to keep the tire from rubbing the bottom of it. if I had more time it would have been relocated to the underbody or separated from the char filter.

IMO 37's are all about all ya wanna run on the jeep axles, reasons being gearing and durability, I put 5.13's in the gold rubi to run with the 5sp, it seems to be a good combo.. at least the guy likes how it performs. I'm having a hard time resiting the notion of 39.5's actually, If i did the performance and driveability would stink.

couple more pics on 3.5" and 37" mtr's

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 12-20-2008, 09:12 PM   #66
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
I am very interested in seeing both of these. as far as the fenders go, you should fab up a front grill hoop/tube fenders tied into each other, this would be sweet, you would have some killer strength then.

I like the idea of rocker guards that are similar to the ww2ww rockers, but have some steel to fill in the gap between the rocker and the fender to make it solid, so i wouldnt risk the chance of bending it or getting hung up on something (and to make it aesthetically pleasing) I don't have the fab skills to do this, but let me tell you, in my head it looks awesome

crawling this thread, looking forward to more updates

I hadn't thought of the hoop, but I have visions of it now!
I think ti would need to bolt on tho...

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 12-20-2008, 09:31 PM   #67
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Uh oh..... You may have given me the itch! Too bad your on the complete other side of the country! I guess that I have to do it myself! Worst comes to worst... I mess up my fenders and HAVE to make myself some tube fenders to replace em'!! It looks real nice man! Good job!!
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #68
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbo-Slice View Post
Uh oh..... You may have given me the itch! Too bad your on the complete other side of the country! I guess that I have to do it myself! Worst comes to worst... I mess up my fenders and HAVE to make myself some tube fenders to replace em'!! It looks real nice man! Good job!!

LOL, it was ich that lasted me about 6 months, both my fenders were bent up so I finally just did it, now I'm not afraid of tackling a set of perfect ones..

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 12-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #69
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hell mines a '98.... I LOVE "reasons" to upgrade. I just turned 60,000 miles so I guess its still new enough..... Then again it IS almost 11 years old, and what fun is looking the same as everyone else?
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2008, 09:53 PM   #70
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbo-Slice View Post
what fun is looking the same as everyone else?

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 12-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #71
neverbackdown
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post

IMO 37's are all about all ya wanna run on the jeep axles, reasons being gearing and durability, I put 5.13's in the gold rubi to run with the 5sp, it seems to be a good combo.. at least the guy likes how it performs. I'm having a hard time resiting the notion of 39.5's actually, If i did the performance and drivability would stink.
i very aware of the weakness of the D35 and D30. i have been junk yard hunting in the mean time looking for maybe a nice 1 ton set up. who knows
Unread 12-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #72
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm trying hard to build the rubi without going beyond it's capabilties I can't afford a spendy build either.. so putting a ton of money into a d60/9"/10.5 or 9.5sf combo isn't an option even tho I have em.

here's a peak at my personal collection at the house..

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 12-21-2008, 01:14 PM   #73
1CleanTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

nice seeing another homemade hignline on JF, We should start homemade highline club here

heres mine if ya never seen it
1CleanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2008, 06:42 PM   #74
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CleanTJ View Post
nice seeing another homemade hignline on JF, We should start homemade highline club here

Yeah, Buddy! theres definately a few of few of us now...

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 12-22-2008, 12:33 PM   #75
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

mud, where did you relocate the washer fluid bottle on the jeep with the manual tranny?

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.