keep blowing turn signal filament in parking light bulb on driver side...what the... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > keep blowing turn signal filament in parking light bulb on driver side...what the...

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 03-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
bortz1892
1998 TJ Wrangler 

keep blowing turn signal filament in parking light bulb on driver side...what the...

everytime i put a new bulb in my driver side turn signal, it always blows the turn signal filament. the parking light filament doesn't blow, and lights up, however the turn signal always blows.

at night when the cluster lights up in the car, the driver side turn signal indicator stays on?

is there a bad ground somewhere.

the fuses are not blow, what could be causing this??

i have a 98 TJ 2.5L

bortz1892 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
bortz1892
1998 TJ Wrangler 

anyone????
Unread 03-26-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
Doogie1022
2012 JK Wrangler 

I had this problem on my '01 it turned out to be a short in the turn signal wiring...stealership replaced it, but I am not sure of the price as it was a while ago. I would check the wiring, check where the connector plugs into the back of the socket for scorching, I think that's where mine was shorting, but again it was a while ago and I don't quite remember. Most likely a wiring issue though.
Doogie1022 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
helicase50
2000 TJ Wrangler 

check the socket thing, I am not big on the proper names so bare with me. Mine kept blowing bulbs and did something like yours on the passenger side with the turn signal and I looked into the socket and it had like a mini fire in there it looked like, you could smell it too. I just stole a new socket from my dad's jeep , but I know he went to a dealer and it was cheap.

[COLOR="Purple"]Yes, I'm a girl, I drive a TJ and like to get it dirty. Yes, I like boys. Get over it. [/COLOR]
[COLOR="Purple"]Live Fun, Ride Fast, Die Pretty ~ Chic Riders M[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=vindicated;11072220]
Did I ever mention I loved you? :kiss:
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11072442]Hey! That's my woman you're hitting on there! <:mad:>
[/QUOTE]
Be Jealous
helicase50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

As helicase50 said, I'd be looking for a bulb socket problem too.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
bortz1892
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thanks guys, that sounds valid. i'll have to check it out.
Unread 03-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
saharaTJ7638
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Haha yours too mine has gone through 6 of those bulb connectors. Watter keeps gettimg around the oring ans shorting out the socket.
eugenethejeep: my mom was in here talking and being weird lol. i don't think her seeing us talk about cat tacos would be appropriate
35's and a lift kit how stuck can you get? - Justin Moore
saharaTJ7638 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.