kc headlight - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > kc headlight

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
southernss
1998 TJ Wrangler 

kc headlight

just looking for some feedback. is anyone running the the new kc headlights yet.

Feature Products Headlight Jeep Tj KC HiLiTES: Auxiliary Lighting, HID Off Road Lights, Fog Lights, Driving Lights, Light Bars, Wiring Accessories

southernss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
cvisinho
2005 TJ Wrangler 

bumping this for info as well
cvisinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
TimV
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I put mine in about a month ago. Seem to be a much nicer pattern than the stock lights I had. However, I am not using the bulbs that came with them. I have a set of 90w low, 100w high beam bulbs in mine. I already had the bulbs laying around, so I figured I would put them in. The quality is very nice for my initial impression. Very solid, and actually much lighter than the sealed beams. LCoG!
Unread 02-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
BlueFlame
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You can buy the same lights on eBay for $25....

example
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/65-78...Q5fAccessories
BlueFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #5
03GoldTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post

example
But these don't have the cool glow-in-the dark KC logo,however!
03GoldTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The only issue I would have with these is the poly carbonate housings (lexan). Plastic usually yellows out over time which reduces light output. Only time will tell though.

I ended up with Delta Quadbar hyperwhite xenons, 110 bucks and they have glass housings and look better IMO. I've had em for a year and am very happy.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #7
monkeee2002
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post

example
Those aren't the same lights. I've tried those you linked before - they're just shiney junk. After a few months I noticed rust on the reflector. That little blue light looks super cheap when you turn it on, and the blue finish on the little bulb fades after a while, leaving you with a nasty color that is neither blue nor green, but rather an entirely new color of light bluish-brown.

I put the KC's on my TJ last fall; I like the way they look, but for $100, I was expecting them to be brighter.
...I'll have to look into upgrading the bulbs as Tim mentioned...
Unread 02-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #8
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Those Ebay wonders = CRAP and the quality is HORRIBLE and as the saying goes you get what you pay for!

I found these at a local 18wheeler shop and the quality is excellent! They've got glass lens, a metal reflector, and an excellent waterproof seal at the back and they cost $37.00 each.

05 Electric Lime Green LJ with a 4spd Auto, 2.5inch Suspension Lift, OME Shocks, OME Steering Stabilizer, 32inch BFG M/T's on 17inch Moab's using Spidertrax Spacers, UCF Aluminum TC Skid, Novak Cable Shifter, Brown Dog MML, Rokmen 1/2 BL, Banks CAI, Diehard Platinum Marine Battery, JW Speaker 8700 LED Head Lights, Safari Nets, G.E.A.R Overhead Console/G.E.A.R Tailgate Storage, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn Gas Tank Skid, Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper, Warn XD9000i Winch with Warn Wireless Remote, and a Uniden 880 CB Radio
Best4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #9
jdub36
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have had the Kc's for awhile now. They are ok, much better than stock but i am sure if you do some searching you could find some housings and pick a better bulb. I just ordered them because i have two other sets of KC's and i really like them.
jdub36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #10
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have a set of the ebay lights... better than stock lighting; although they could be better. I replaced the lights with H4 silverstars and they are much better; although they are still not the best. I couldnt see spending much more on them. The high beams though are WAY too bright up close; but thats fine, the lows are good enough; and the highs could work well when night wheeling.
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #11
redo4x
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I got a set of them for christmas. Much better than stock. I can actually tell the difference between low and high beams now. Just running the bulbs that come with them for now. I will probably get some silverstars for them later.
Don't have a closeup picture of them yet.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.