kc headlight - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > kc headlight

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 10-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
southernss
1998 TJ Wrangler 

kc headlight

just looking for some feedback. is anyone running the the new kc headlights yet.

Feature Products Headlight Jeep Tj KC HiLiTES: Auxiliary Lighting, HID Off Road Lights, Fog Lights, Driving Lights, Light Bars, Wiring Accessories

southernss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #2
cvisinho
2005 TJ Wrangler 

bumping this for info as well
cvisinho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
TimV
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I put mine in about a month ago. Seem to be a much nicer pattern than the stock lights I had. However, I am not using the bulbs that came with them. I have a set of 90w low, 100w high beam bulbs in mine. I already had the bulbs laying around, so I figured I would put them in. The quality is very nice for my initial impression. Very solid, and actually much lighter than the sealed beams. LCoG!
Unread 02-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
BlueFlame
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You can buy the same lights on eBay for $25....

example
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/65-78...Q5fAccessories
BlueFlame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
03GoldTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post

example
But these don't have the cool glow-in-the dark KC logo,however!
03GoldTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #6
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The only issue I would have with these is the poly carbonate housings (lexan). Plastic usually yellows out over time which reduces light output. Only time will tell though.

I ended up with Delta Quadbar hyperwhite xenons, 110 bucks and they have glass housings and look better IMO. I've had em for a year and am very happy.
Unread 02-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
monkeee2002
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post

example
Those aren't the same lights. I've tried those you linked before - they're just shiney junk. After a few months I noticed rust on the reflector. That little blue light looks super cheap when you turn it on, and the blue finish on the little bulb fades after a while, leaving you with a nasty color that is neither blue nor green, but rather an entirely new color of light bluish-brown.

I put the KC's on my TJ last fall; I like the way they look, but for $100, I was expecting them to be brighter.
...I'll have to look into upgrading the bulbs as Tim mentioned...
Unread 02-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #8
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Those Ebay wonders = CRAP and the quality is HORRIBLE and as the saying goes you get what you pay for!

I found these at a local 18wheeler shop and the quality is excellent! They've got glass lens, a metal reflector, and an excellent waterproof seal at the back and they cost $37.00 each.

05 Electric Lime Green LJ with a 4spd Auto, 2.5inch Suspension Lift, OME Shocks, OME Steering Stabilizer, 32inch BFG M/T's on 17inch Moab's using Spidertrax Spacers, UCF Aluminum TC Skid, Novak Cable Shifter, Brown Dog MML, Rokmen 1/2 BL, Banks CAI, Diehard Platinum Marine Battery, JW Speaker 8700 LED Head Lights, Safari Nets, G.E.A.R Overhead Console/G.E.A.R Tailgate Storage, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn Gas Tank Skid, Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper, Warn XD9000i Winch with Warn Wireless Remote, and a Uniden 880 CB Radio
Best4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #9
jdub36
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have had the Kc's for awhile now. They are ok, much better than stock but i am sure if you do some searching you could find some housings and pick a better bulb. I just ordered them because i have two other sets of KC's and i really like them.
jdub36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #10
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have a set of the ebay lights... better than stock lighting; although they could be better. I replaced the lights with H4 silverstars and they are much better; although they are still not the best. I couldnt see spending much more on them. The high beams though are WAY too bright up close; but thats fine, the lows are good enough; and the highs could work well when night wheeling.
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #11
redo4x
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I got a set of them for christmas. Much better than stock. I can actually tell the difference between low and high beams now. Just running the bulbs that come with them for now. I will probably get some silverstars for them later.
Don't have a closeup picture of them yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.