just a water pump question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > just a water pump question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-04-2013, 01:56 AM   #1
romiin
2000 TJ Wrangler 

just a water pump question

I noticed my jeep leaking antifreeze when I shut it off. when its running it stops leaking. its dripping off the harmonic balancer. i took out the pump, but of course you wreck the gasket so I am not sure if it was a gasket problem. any one had this happen. the little seep hole on the top of the pump was'nt seeping any fluid, all the hoses look good thermostat isn't leaking. I'm kinda stumped.

2000 tj 4L

Unread 07-04-2013, 02:01 AM   #2
Necko2529
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Did you reinstall the pump with a new gasket? Is it still leaking?

Anybody can take advice if it doesn't interfere with their plan.

[B]RIP "Prescott 19"[/B] Prescott Fire Department
Necko2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
marka2k

2006 WK 

I had a similar issue with my 2000 WJ I6 the thermostat housing where the top radiator hose attaches was eaten away at the lip and coolant was seeping out from there, I ended up replacing the housing (Autozone $10) and hose since it was soft in the area where the coolant was leaking, since you already pulled the pump I would replace the gasket and reinstall and see as mentioned above, if its still doing it check the thermostat housing.

Hope this helps

Silver WK Club #46
06 WK Overland
MyGiG RER
OEM Parkview Rear Camera
4xGuard Matrix
4XGuard Front Skid
4XGuard Rock Rails
HID Projector
2" Lift

04 TJ Rubicon Silver
Rokmen Fuel Tank Skid
Rokmen Front Skid
Rokmen Tummy Tuck
Novak Shifter
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
marka2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
romiin
2000 TJ Wrangler 

necko, I think your onto something there. But as luck would have it, the pump had a life time warrenty. so I put a new pump in, doesnt leak anymore. I did think too it might of been the gasket. The original pump started leaking at about 60,000 miles. this after market one(made in china) had about 85,000 miles on it. so i thought it was time to change the pump. so much for original equipment being better

thanks for the input
Unread 07-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
Necko2529
2003 TJ Wrangler 

As long as its not leaking all should be well. If leaking out the weep hole the pump is bad if between the block and pump i would suspect the gasket is bad...

Good luck.

Anybody can take advice if it doesn't interfere with their plan.

[B]RIP "Prescott 19"[/B] Prescott Fire Department
Necko2529 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.