Just lifted. now figuring out tire size Tire size? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Just lifted. now figuring out tire size Tire size?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
usnavydoc
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just lifted. now figuring out tire size Tire size?

Im new to jeeps but just had my 2000 SE lifted with a 2.5 OME with 1inch coil spacers in the front. I have 15x8 wheels. I currently have 30x9.5 Michelin LTX M/S and want to go larger with a more aggressive tire. However this is my daily driver and dont want too much road noise from the tires. Also with the 4cyl I dont want to tax it too much more than it already is.

Mostly like I said this is my daily driver but I also a few times a month go down a few logging trails as well.

The 4wd shop guy is saying i can do a 1 in body lift and go to 33x12.5. I was more thinking forget the extra inch and do 32s?

Looking at tire shack but the 32' tires are pretty limited

usnavydoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #2
Jwood621
1997 TJ Wrangler 

you have the same suspension I have on my TJ, I'm running 32x11.5 BFG M/T. Looks pretty good and I have no clearance issues. I'm guessing since it's your DD you're looking at a set of A/T tires? You shouldn't have trouble finding a good 32" tire try looking at discounttiredirect.com.
Jwood621 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
TJamie

2000 TJ Wrangler 

You might want to consider 33x10.5s also. BFG has them in both MTs and ATs.
TJamie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #4
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

you could do a 33x12 Goodyear Duratrac. they tend to run a bit smaller than a typical 33. I had 33x12 on my OME HD lift. in the pic below. but i did end up putting a 1.25 BL and MML on to help clear the flares a bit more. i rubbed at full flex front and rear w/ both sway bars attached. only rubbed on the flare not the actual fender.

the duratrac is a light tire which should help with the 4 little squirrles under the hood

edit, 33x10's would be a good choice as well
muddy-farm.jpg  

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #5
akread
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I really think you could go with a choice of three sizes. Since its your dd i would assume your looking for A/T tires. I currently am running 31x10.5 BFG AT and there fantastic and are supposed to last a long time and have been holding up great so far for me. Either way I would suggest the BFG AT KO's for a DD and they come in three sizes you could def fit. 31x10.5, 32x11.5, and 33x10.5 or 12.5. If your going to go 33's I would do 10.5's to keep weight and friction down which would be easier on your 4cl.

oh also there not as loud as mud tires, there really is barely any road noise actually. i love em
akread is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #6
usnavydoc
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome thanks for the suggestions guys. I love my ride quality with the moe lift. If I got the 1-1.25 body lift would the ride quality change? That would also put me up over 3.5-4 inches. Would I have to do any other mods at that height?

I really appreciate the help. Im doing this one step at a time so the tires will probably have to wait until the fall. Hard to justify right now to the wife since I have some good tread life in my current tires.
usnavydoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

40's or GTFO.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #8
jersey1972fj40
1999 TJ Wrangler 

if you go with 33x12.5 either get new rims with 3.75 back spacing or get wheel spacers. Also check out Good year MT/R's.
jersey1972fj40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #9
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Go with the 33x10.50's and a BL.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.