JKS vs. ROKMEN vs. Currie vs. Rokkrawler control arms - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > JKS vs. ROKMEN vs. Currie vs. Rokkrawler control arms

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-24-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
jmalys
1998 TJ Wrangler 

JKS vs. ROKMEN vs. Currie vs. Rokkrawler control arms

From what I could research, these seem to be the best aftermarket short arms out there, if one was going to use and Old Man Emu suspension as a starting point. If you were building this set up, witch one would you go with and why? johnny joint vs. rubber bushing is sort of a perplexing question to me as well. Will the rubber bushing that JKS uses be quieter/better riding on the road??

jmalys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

add Clayton to your list
Unread 01-24-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
sportcoupe
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The Rock Krawler arms are the best value for sure. I'm not saying they are THE best but they are very well made. Solid stock is hard to bend or break.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
Bigbob

I'd go with JJ's on both ends. That leaves Rokmen or Currie.
Jeep Club Member #1340
6 Speed, Hardtop
Mods done: Hurst tee handle, cheap hand throttle, Rokmen Merc front bumper, Warn 9.5 TI winch with 3/8" X 100 worth of Viking yellow rope, DPG OME Ultimate with JKS ACOS up front, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid, Jeep Medic Belly Up, Skidrow Engine Skid, Rockcrusher Diff Skid in the rear, Warn Diff cover in front, , AR Outlaw II's and MTR 12:50/15's, Homemade rear Bumper, Cheap Cobra CB, Puma OBA, Sirius Radio, Locker Defeat, Rockhard cage, Rockmen short corners, homemade tire swing/tailgate hinge affair, Airlift air bags on the rear- - - - - - and more to come!
Bigbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
jmalys
1998 TJ Wrangler 

claytons

I just went to clayton's site and did not see any short arms from them. Did they used to have these?
Unread 01-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #6
JJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

David @ Northridge sells the Clayton arms, but they are pricey IMO:
http://northridge4x4.com/products.php?cat=126
http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail....LAYTON-CA-SLCA
JJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2009, 01:00 AM   #7
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

what about rubicon express?

get some adjustable with the super flex joints... i lovedm on my xj and lovem on my tj!

also ive read jjs on both side isnt good for dd, the ride is harsh and they bind... but thats just what ive read, only experience i have is with re...
cgmrdc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2009, 09:21 AM   #8
SeanCucf
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm going with currie's to compliment my soon-to-be OME "lift". All I've read about JJ's(on both ends), from credible sources, is good.
SeanCucf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2009, 09:30 AM   #9
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmalys View Post
I just went to clayton's site and did not see any short arms from them. Did they used to have these?
Clayton doesn't actively promote his SA kits. He's known for the LA parts. You have to call him for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJs99TJ View Post
David @ Northridge sells the Clayton arms, but they are pricey IMO:
http://northridge4x4.com/products.php?cat=126
http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail....LAYTON-CA-SLCA
That isn't bad when compared to the others in the category. Calyton's arms are 2x2 square and .250 wall. Unconditional warranty. bend one and he'll replace it.
Unread 01-25-2009, 09:39 AM   #10
Pillswoj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

True Currie johny joints both end are fine in a daily driver, I would definitely look at Currie, Rokmen, or Clayton. If you are looking at buying parts separately, go with above for the front and put the Rock Krawler 4 link in the rear.
Unread 01-25-2009, 10:09 AM   #11
jmalys
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCucf View Post
I'm going with currie's to compliment my soon-to-be OME "lift". All I've read about JJ's(on both ends), from credible sources, is good.
Same exact lift I will be building. If your ultimate goal is 33" tires I think OME plus one of the above said control arms / JKS track bars/ 33 engineering TT skid are the way to go for sure.
Unread 01-25-2009, 10:39 AM   #12
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmrdc View Post
what about rubicon express?

get some adjustable with the super flex joints... i lovedm on my xj and lovem on my tj!

also ive read jjs on both side isnt good for dd, the ride is harsh and they bind... but thats just what ive read, only experience i have is with re...
I've read somewhere that folks with usernames that don't include any vowels aren't very smart and tend to pass along unsubstantiated rumors with no personal experience to back them up.

They also tend to recommend what they currently run as if it's better than sliced bread without taking into account that there may be far better choices available. I suspect this is due to the non inclusion of vowels and their credibility should be placed somewhere near the bottom of anyone's veracity meter.

Just what I've read, so it must be true.
Unread 01-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #13
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by never monday View Post
Calyton's arms are 2x2 square and .250 wall.
That stuff is great if you're building bridges and trailers.
Unread 01-25-2009, 10:42 AM   #14
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
That stuff is great if you're building bridges and trailers.
just following the JF moto

"bigger is better"
Unread 01-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #15
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
I've read somewhere that folks with usernames that don't include any vowels aren't very smart and tend to pass along unsubstantiated rumors with no personal experience to back them up.

They also tend to recommend what they currently run as if it's better than sliced bread without taking into account that there may be far better choices available. I suspect this is due to the non inclusion of vowels and their credibility should be placed somewhere near the bottom of anyone's veracity meter.

Just what I've read, so it must be true.
wow all said was "its what ive read" followed by "only experience i have is with RE"

i suggested re because like their product, never did i say it was the best choice... just another one...

I guess people with 7000+ posts know everything and people with many fewer cant possible know anything because the dont post all over JF... my mistake...

at least i was contributing... both your posts on this thread have been bashing two other users.

and wtf does no vowls in my sn have to do with anything?

and i apologise jmalys for getting off topic but it really pisses me off when people act like Mr Blaine has, very conterproductive. if youve got a problem with me take it up in a pm!

Last edited by cgmrdc; 01-25-2009 at 11:15 AM..
cgmrdc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.