JKS Trackbar bushings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > JKS Trackbar bushings

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 06-08-2008, 07:50 AM   #1
NameUnavailable

2005 TJ Wrangler 

JKS Trackbar bushings

When I got my new rims and tires installed the other day, I also got a professional alignment since I had it there. They told me the bushings in my trackbar were worn. I found the parts on JKS's web site. Only run me around $43, so it's not horrible. Has anyone else had to change these? How much of a PITA is it? Am I gonna need a press or anything? Any writeups?

I just installed this last July, kinda short life. I'm sure this is the cause of my recent death wobble. I suspect one of my old front tires was out of balance, could this have caused it to wear out? Anyone else having these wear out quickly? Anything else I should be looking at?

This diagram is from the JKS site. I am planning to replace A, and F, K, H, I and M (The last 5 are a package and come together). It looks like the frame side is popping out the snap ring, and the rest will just pull out. Not sure about the axle side.
A OE Rubber Bushing
F Preload Washer
H Polyurethane Bushing (supplied with F)
I Snap Ring (supplied with F)
K Preload Washer (supplied with F)
M Polyurethane Bushing (supplied with F)

re_ogs125_ogs126.gif  
NameUnavailable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
NameUnavailable

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just bumping once for the evening crowd. Gonna give JKS a call in the morning.
NameUnavailable is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.