JKS makes Currie track bars???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > JKS makes Currie track bars????

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 12-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
pollycav22
1997 TJ Wrangler 

JKS makes Currie track bars????

I was informed by a vendor that Currie track bars are made by JKS and that is why I was sent a JKS track bar. Is this true or am I getting the run around? (shoulda just went with Savvy like the little voice told me to do)

pollycav22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
jkilby18
1997 TJ Wrangler 

not sure about them being the same.. but i have the currie steering setup and i love it!!
jkilby18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

There is a difference in the tubing used and shape of the bar. They are NOT the same.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollycav22 View Post
I was informed by a vendor that Currie track bars are made by JKS and that is why I was sent a JKS track bar. Is this true or am I getting the run around? (shoulda just went with Savvy like the little voice told me to do)
Depends on which one you ordered. The latest versions which use the 5/8" bolt and have the gusset on the JJ side at the frame are made by Currie.

Some of the others are made by JKS. Currie is also making new ones for the rear and they should have the new brackets in stock shortly.
Unread 12-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
pollycav22
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I assumed so Imped but was just checking. mrblaine I ordered 9120R (currie) and I was sent the OGS151 (JKS). I figured with a Currie product involved you might know. I guess the technical question would be knowing that JKS is not Currie is their quality equal or am I stuck with an inferior product??
Unread 12-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #6
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...9.aspx?id=1358

http://www.store.jksmfg.com/merchant...bar_Components
Unread 12-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
55willystruck

For the simple fact that you did not get what you ordered, I'd ship it back and get the right one Blaine mentioned above...

Not sure if there's a price difference or not, and JKS does make fine stuff, but all track bars are NOT created equal.

Best of Luck,

Mike
55willystruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #8
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

His is a rear track bar the one Blaine mentioned is a front track bar...
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #9
pollycav22
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thats the thing. I ordered the Currie and for some reason this vendor misinterpreted me acknowledging JKS makes Currie track bars as "yes i will take something completely different from what i originally ordered that is $50 cheaper, and please send it to me using the price difference to pay for the '3-day' shipping." Needless to say I will be sending it back and NEVER ordering from them again. Thanks for the answers and input.
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #10
pollycav22
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I forgot to state in OP that the track bar is the rear track bar. Sorry to forget that.
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #11
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Again 9120R (currie) and OGS151 (JKS) are rear track bars ........................................

Edit.... Oops you beat me to it....

(Rant on)
Message board forums are funny...... You just mention a term related to a issue thats been covered at nauseam and everybody starts spewing the same superfluous BS .
(Rant off)
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #12
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollycav22 View Post
Thats the thing. I ordered the Currie and for some reason this vendor misinterpreted me acknowledging JKS makes Currie track bars as "yes i will take something completely different from what i originally ordered that is $50 cheaper, and please send it to me using the price difference to pay for the '3-day' shipping." Needless to say I will be sending it back and NEVER ordering from them again. Thanks for the answers and input.
can you send it back and get a refund? I had the JKS bar and it hit the frame at the gas tank mount....the Currie is supposed to have a new bend to prevent this.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #13
pollycav22
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That is why i specifically wanted the Currie bar as well as the JJ. They did say the would refund my money minus the "expedited" 3-day shipping cost (around $40). It sucks but as I have learned in the past from these dealings its better to learn a $40 lesson than a $400 lesson. Just is poor timing as I am installing my 8.8 this weekend and wanted to get it all done in one session.
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #14
DevilDogDoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldnt eat that $40 myself, they changed your order without your permission and "upgraded" your shipping without your approval. I would call and say exactly that and demand that they expedite your CORRECT order. If they wont, call the CC company and charge back they whole order. That will get their attention.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.