JKS adj trackbar hitting DANA 30 diff cover ! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > JKS adj trackbar hitting DANA 30 diff cover !

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 02-22-2009, 09:53 AM   #31
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

shock length is what actually determines the bumpstop height, followed by tire size if they aren't enough.
the 32's usually only need 1" stops. the 2" should take care of the track bar contact.

say you have 25.5" long shocks (fully extended), 2.5" lift and 32's.... you need 2" bumpstops, even though the tire clearance is good with 1" stops because the shocks bottom out with 1" stops before the bumpstops stops contact the axle.

the easiest way to find out is to remove both front springs and drop the frame on the axles, you can raise and lower the frame to determine where and when contact is made...
flexing will prodce different results and may not even hit due to one side drooped and the other fully/partially stuffed.
a speed bump stuffs both tires at the same time and jams/rebounds the control arm bushings.... something esle, how are your control arm bushings?

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #32
jeep2008
2004 TJ Wrangler 

you are saying that (something else, how are your control arm bushings?) because of my skyjackers,aren't you?

No Jeep right now
04TJ (SOLD)
01TJ (SOLD)
jeep2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #33
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep2008 View Post
you are saying that (something else, how are your control arm bushings?) because of my skyjackers,aren't you?

lol, yep, but I didn't look at your profile to see if you stated what control arms you have... the stock ones can end up with quite abit of slop when they get worn out.

non adjustable skyjacker's are a 1/4' longer than the stock arms if memory serves... 16" vs. 15 3/4"

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #34
jeep2008
2004 TJ Wrangler 

here is the contact with the track bar

there is also a mark on the upper side of the trackbar,any ideas why??

No Jeep right now
04TJ (SOLD)
01TJ (SOLD)
Unread 02-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #35
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

yup my stock track bar rubs the Riddler diff cover in the exact same spot.

maybe adjustable lower and upper control arms and move the axle back 1/4"? other than that...i think we'll have to heat up the bar and dent it, then weld some support on the backside.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 04:14 AM   #36
jeep2008
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I used these http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=7088 in my lower ca to fix a little my caster after the lift,could it be that i turned the axle a lot and now it is hitting?they don't have a big range though

No Jeep right now
04TJ (SOLD)
01TJ (SOLD)
Unread 02-25-2009, 07:49 AM   #37
crgrissom
Master of Reality

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep2008 View Post
I used these http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=7088 in my lower ca to fix a little my caster after the lift,could it be that i turned the axle a lot and now it is hitting?they don't have a big range though
Looks like you do need to back it off, and also you may want adjustable uppers so you can fine tune it all...caster, pinion angle, axle position (wheelbase). The right settings may be a compromise, but will eliminate your rubbing.

Chuck

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
- Thomas A. Edison
crgrissom is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.