JK seats in a TJ w/Pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > JK seats in a TJ w/Pics

Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 05-22-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

JK seats in a TJ w/Pics

Well i got my hands on some JK seats out of a wrecked 08 JK a year ago. Anyways had some other stuff to get done(like my stroker 144 miles on it so far), but the passenger seat is in with a brackets for the TJ sliders. They barely fit in between the roll bar and console, and I'm using the TJ seat belt. I'll get pictures of the brackets and the driver's seat once it's in, it's not going in until probably Wednesday. I plan on eventually get Iggee seat covers for them, but I do have a few other things on the list before covers. These are so much nicer then my old TJ seats. I'll get pics of the clearance of the roll bar, it couldn't be any closer. They seem to sit maybe 1/2 an inch higher, but they looked lower when only one seat was in, I think the only height difference was from old TJ cushions to newer, less worn down cushions.

Almost forgot to add the seat has to be slid all the way back to fold the seat all the way forward, it will fold forward fine, it just has to be back to go all the way folded forward.

Disclaimer: To clarify the JK seat don't bolt directly to the TJ sliders, brackets are needed

EDIT: they are dark khaki, they look greyish in this pic

I don't know if this counts as tech, if not I guess a mod will move it.

[IMG][/IMG]

EDIT: more pics

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by jeepwrangler97; 06-08-2010 at 12:31 AM..
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

i hate you.... looks good though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 06:51 PM   #3
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy View Post
i hate you.... looks good though!
Thank you

You're not too far you could buy my old TJ seats
Unread 05-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
Lawrence
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice, does this raise the seating position at all or keeps it stock? So you were able to keep the fold+tumble function but you have to put the seat all the way back to happen? If so, minor setback for nicer seats. Pics of clearance and brackets would be appreciated.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
Very nice, does this raise the seating position at all or keeps it stock? So you were able to keep the fold+tumble function but you have to put the seat all the way back to happen? If so, minor setback for nicer seats. Pics of clearance and brackets would be appreciated.
Yes I can keep the fold and tumble, the seat just has to be all the way back to tumble. I'll get better pics of the height, clearance and the brackets soon. The height appears to be the same.
Unread 05-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #6
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
Thank you

You're not too far you could buy my old TJ seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #7
Zackb911
1998 TJ Wrangler 

What did it take to mount them up? Did you use the JK bracket or your old TJ one mounted to the bottom of the JK seat?
Zackb911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 07:23 PM   #8
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackb911 View Post
What did it take to mount them up? Did you use the JK bracket or your old TJ one mounted to the bottom of the JK seat?
it's the TJ slider on the bottom of the JK seat, I've got to get some more pics of the brackets up.
Unread 05-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #9
Zackb911
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Will you be doing the rear bench as well? Any idea if that will work? I tried searching for this same thing but hadn't seen anyone who had actually done the swap.
Unread 05-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #10
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackb911 View Post
Will you be doing the rear bench as well? Any idea if that will work? I tried searching for this same thing but hadn't seen anyone who had actually done the swap.
I don't have a rear seat, I could borrow my friends JK rear and see how it fits, I think it would be wide. I don't really use the rear enough yet, but I think I might just put a cover on the rear when I do the front covers. Bestop makes a rear seat that has head rests on it and looks sort of like a JK rear seat.
Unread 05-23-2010, 06:46 AM   #11
Craiger77
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I would like to see more. I need new seats!
Craiger77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #12
SupaJosh
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiger77 View Post
I would like to see more. I need new seats!
I bought Black Neoprene Jeep seat covers off this guy for 50 bucks and he threw in a black never used rear seat from a 2006 unlimited. Has anyone ever swapped there rear seat that has a 98 or so with the later year models???
I know the brackets are different on the rear seat... I am gonna see if I can swap the mounting brackets on the rear seats tomorrow. I would love to be all black for all my seats. The 06 rear seat looks brand new, this guy never used it. Its gotta be done right though, I got a lil one on the way and hes gonna be strapped back there or the old lady will go nuts
SupaJosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #13
cgracing

The JK seats look HUGE next to the tj ones. Does it fill up much more of the interior space?
cgracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #14
jeeptrash
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Looks comfy! Love to see some more pics!

Last edited by jeeptrash; 05-28-2010 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: Apparently i'm retarded...
jeeptrash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #15
Zackb911
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Update? I'd love to see some more pics, especially the drivers side and whether or not a JK rear may fit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.