JK axle swap to TJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > JK axle swap to TJ

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-24-2011, 09:02 AM   #16
shrubeck
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Lol silly manual transmissions and their need for e-brakes.

My 9" won't be getting an e-brake either
Do you know what the "e" in e-brake stands for? I suppose if you loose your brakes coming down a hill you just jam it in park right? Let me know how that works out.

Unread 03-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #17
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

E=Emergency, the e-brake is also commonly refered to as the parking brake. And no you don't just jam it in park, because if you do you will shear the parking pin basically putting you in neutral, and if you survive you will have to take the transmission apart to fix the parking pin. Driving with out a e-brake is extremely dangerous and not recommended, not to mention the liability of not having one. It provides a mechanical link to you brakes if your hydraulic brake system fails.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #18
HemiTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr0w View Post
I have a question: What did you guys do about the speed sensors? Did you just splice the old cables to the new speed sensors?

-Bryan
I don't have ABS, So I just cut the wires off, I left the sensor in so it would plug the hole.
HemiTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #19
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubeck View Post
Do you know what the "e" in e-brake stands for? I suppose if you loose your brakes coming down a hill you just jam it in park right? Let me know how that works out.
When I'm coming down hills I'm in low gear and 1 anyways. Engine braking is a wonderful thing.

As for the speed sensors, I don't have ABS. I cut the wires off. If you take the plug out, mud and **** will get inside.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #20
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I thought you could buy JK axles made for TJ straight from Chrysler now?
Unread 03-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #21
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboyd View Post
I thought you could buy JK axles made for TJ straight from Chrysler now?
You can, but they are more expensive, have a 5x4.5 bolt pattern, and are more narrow. Finding JK take-offs, or someones project crate axles like I got, work out much better. Well, they did for me at least.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #22
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Lol silly manual transmissions and their need for e-brakes.

My 9" won't be getting an e-brake either
I know. It's super funny when you have an auto and are relying on "park" and the transfer case pops out of 4low into neutral like happens ALL THE TIME on TJs and LJs!
Unread 01-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #23
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSpear2023 View Post
E=Emergency, the e-brake is also commonly refered to as the parking brake. And no you don't just jam it in park, because if you do you will shear the parking pin basically putting you in neutral, and if you survive you will have to take the transmission apart to fix the parking pin. Driving with out a e-brake is extremely dangerous and not recommended, not to mention the liability of not having one. It provides a mechanical link to you brakes if your hydraulic brake system fails.
A buddy broke a ba joint on a ledge and lost the wheel while being lowered down a hill. He lost the knuckle and caliper and all and subsequently the brake line and brakes. E brake was all he had, and a it did was slow him down. Hate to image what would have happened if he would have gone down full out. Throwing it in park would have just made it skip off the pawl, and if it would have grabbed it would have broke the tranny or flipped the Jeep backwards.
Unread 07-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #24
dsjk
2011 JK Wrangler 

Resurrection!
as I am starting this swap in a few weeks to give my TJ dana 44 front and rear
[CENTER][URL="http://www.rockkrawler.com/?r_intro=1"][FONT="Arial Black"][B][COLOR="Black"]ROCK KRAWLER[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL] [URL="http://www.4x4spod.com/"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]S-POD[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL] [URL="http://www.milemarker.com/"][FONT="Impact"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]MILE MARKER[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/"][FONT="Fixedsys"][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]A.C.E.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=voodooJK;11973781]Something you said after the fact exposed that part of me... like a catholic school girl normally would.[/QUOTE]
dsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 03:55 AM   #25
bbr0w
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Let us know how it goes -
bbr0w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jk , tj , wrangler , axle , swap , help , advice

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.