Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0L Horrible Clunking Noise. Includes Video - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0L Horrible Clunking Noise. Includes Video

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #31
mrott
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I had something that was very similar 2-3 months ago. It came on pretty quick and made it pretty scary to drive due to the violent and loud banging. I ended up getting it towed into the shop and the rear diff was shot. I was billed for new gears/housing/everything. In the end I was billed something like $2K for it all. Fortunately it was under warranty, so it only cost me $100.

I'm thinking now it's getting ready to go back in for new synchros which will be a warranty repair as well, but that's a totally different issue.

mrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #32
tjstevo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrott View Post
I had something that was very similar 2-3 months ago. It came on pretty quick and made it pretty scary to drive due to the violent and loud banging. I ended up getting it towed into the shop and the rear diff was shot. I was billed for new gears/housing/everything. In the end I was billed something like $2K for it all. Fortunately it was under warranty, so it only cost me $100.

I'm thinking now it's getting ready to go back in for new synchros which will be a warranty repair as well, but that's a totally different issue.
how do u know whats warrantiable
tjstevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #33
ed-d97
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i guess it wasn't good. He hasn't posted since this.
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #34
JustinJeep40
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry for taking so long to post everyone, it's easy to forget about this forum once it's all fixed. Anyway, it ended up being the spiders in the rear. Costed a little bit to replace but I got it all figured out. If you guys wouldn't mind checking out my newest thread on my latest problem I'd really appreciate it.
JustinJeep40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.