Jeep, Wrangler and Rubicon decals...Anyone bought replacements - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep, Wrangler and Rubicon decals...Anyone bought replacements

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
Zinkart

Jeep, Wrangler and Rubicon decals...Anyone bought replacements

I am thinking about changing my silver stock decals to black. Has anyone bought replacements? If so do they hold up the way the originals do. I want to put the black on black. Any thoughts on how it might look?

Thanks

*JKS Quicker Dis.
*Warn (steering box, front diff.) Skids
Zinkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2007, 04:49 PM   #2
ziaholic
180 lb Gorilla

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinkart
I want to put the black on black. Any thoughts on how it might look?
Close your eyes. That's how it'll look!

Seriously though ... what if you put the black letters on top of the silver letters, offset a little bit up and to the right? ... might look 3D!

Just a thought ...

Video: Moab '05 GoldenCrack MyStockRubi
Video: Moab '07 GoldenCrack MyLiftedRubi
ziaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You won't be able to see it, stick with the silver or none at all.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
[ITA]Tsunami
Italian Wheeler in Mexico

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I was thinking to do the same as you (but i have a kacki rubicon) couse i dont like the silver ones... Only thing is that i dont know if it's worth of it to buy the decals from the dealer (mopar original) or to have it done in a local shop (waaaaaaay more cheap)
[ITA]Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2007, 05:35 PM   #5
Zinkart

I found all the decals for Rubicon, Wrangler and Jeep for like 40.00 total from Xenon. Just thinking about it I guess. It might be cool to only be able to see them up close and nothing from far away.
*JKS Quicker Dis.
*Warn (steering box, front diff.) Skids
Zinkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2007, 05:56 PM   #6
Zoom By You
2001 TJ Wrangler 

That's funny, today I was thinking how much better it would look with no decals at all. I think it looks too busy with: Wrangler, Sport and Jeep in such a small area....
2001 TJ Sport Amber Fire, Dual Tops/Dual Doors, 4.0, Banks Ram-Air, Banks S.S. Monster exhaust, five speed, NV3550, A.A. SYE/Tom Woods, 4:56 D30/D35, Detroit Truetrac at both ends, Solid diff covers, 4.5 R.E. Super Flex W/3.5 springs, adjustable upper and lower control arms, adjustable front and rear R.E. track bars, TeraFlex shock relocation brackets, R.E. Mono tube shocks, R.E. front stabilizer, R.E. 3/4" front spacer, 33 X 12.5 TrXus STS, M/T Classic-locks, ShrockWorks Rock Rails, Hanson 52" front bumper, EPi9.0 Superwinch with wireless control, Olympic rear bumper, Olympic Mountaineer rack, Bushwacker 6" Pocket Flares, Optima yellow top, IPF headlights W/ Fatboys, upgraded relay/wiring harness, KC Slims, Bosch rear lights, Garmin c550 GPS, Garmin 76S GPS, Cobra CB 148GTL W/Astatic Mic, Pioneer Sound, 3A Racing fire extinguishers. Manhattan Rated....
Zoom By You is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.