jeep won't turn over - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > jeep won't turn over

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 10-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
robhalifax
2003 TJ Wrangler 

jeep won't turn over

Let's start by saying i'm not mechanically inclined at all so i'll try to give as many details as possible.
When turn the key to accessories, everything comes on (all dash lights). when i try to turn it over i either get a very slow turn over (really struggling) or a fast click.
A few times it has turned over and i have had to keep my foot on the gas or it will stall out.

That being said, when i boost it, it starts up fine but once shut off and leave it sit for a while, i go through the same thing over again. My first thoughts are it's just the battery but, the part that confuses me is when it does start on it's own and won't run without my foot on the gas.

now that your confused, please help lol thanks

robhalifax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
crenshinivon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

dead battery
crenshinivon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Not completely dead...but it could have a dead cell or it could be just low due to something draining it.
Right now you need to re-charge battery and test it or have it tested.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #4
Stu Olson
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wushaw View Post
Right now you need to re-charge battery and test it or have it tested.
x2 let us know how it turns out
Stu Olson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.