Jeep Vibration at 55 MPH - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep Vibration at 55 MPH

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 04-15-2012, 01:31 AM   #1
dvdwly
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep Vibration at 55 MPH

Well y'all I need some help.

I have a 2004 Rubicon here in Japan and I have a vibration at 55+ MPH in the seat. The vibe started after I changed the tires from worn out Maxis Bighorn's to Goodyear Silent Armor's. Since then I have had the tires balances 4 times by 3 different tire shops and the tires replaced by Goodyear (they don't have the silent armor size in Japan so now I have Wrangler ATS's). The vibration was still there.

So I thought the problem may be mechanical. Since then, I have replaced the rear driveshaft, which had a little axial play but not more then a 1/16", rear axle shafts, the passenger side shaft was bent about 0.01, and axle bearings only to jump on the highway and feel the vibration again at 55+ MPH. It didn't seem as bad but it is definitely still there.

My Jeep is not lifted and is mostly stock.
Any help would be most appreciated.

dvdwly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 01:37 AM   #2
cavscout187
2003 TJ Wrangler 

is it in your butt or in the wheel would just be a bad u joint in the front axel
cavscout187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 01:50 AM   #3
dvdwly
2004 TJ Wrangler 

the butt
dvdwly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #4
cavscout187
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i would say rear u joint on your drive shaft is bad if i had to guess thats what mine did changed it and it was a ton better
cavscout187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 05:00 AM   #5
65thwrangler

Had my read uni joint replaced because of the same problem, drive like a jeep again
65thwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibrations

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.