Jeep unlevel. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep unlevel.

The Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #1
Ezalycasaid

Jeep unlevel.

What can I use to make sure my jeep is level. Everything ive looked at is either slanted or just made uneven on the jeep. I went off of the bottom of my fender flares and the front is a little lower then the back but, when I put a level on the top of the place the softop holds on onto on the side of the back of the jeep. Its leaning backward. When I put it on the frame itself in the midde of the jeep its leaning backwards. Is there anything I can go off of to know if my jeeps level? the fenders dont seem to work. Also is my jeep leaning back a little a major issue?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...eilla-1121886/
I void warranties.
Ezalycasaid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2011, 12:54 AM   #2
shortydog33
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe try putting a level under the rocker panels, seems like the largest supposedly level surface on the body of the Jeep.
shortydog33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2011, 01:46 AM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know why you care but I'd put a level under the rockers on the sheet metal.The ground would have to be perfectly level too.It makes no difference if it's level or not.I raise the front of my Jeeps 3/4" higher to make them look more level.They still sit 1" higher in the rear(as measured by the tire/fender flare clearance).It works for me.
Unread 01-31-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
Ezalycasaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
I don't know why you care but I'd put a level under the rockers on the sheet metal.The ground would have to be perfectly level too.It makes no difference if it's level or not.I raise the front of my Jeeps 3/4" higher to make them look more level.They still sit 1" higher in the rear(as measured by the tire/fender flare clearance).It works for me.
I have a 6" long arm lift with 3 inches of spacer on my front bumpstop right now and the steering wasnt squirlly like it is now untill I put it on. It seems like all the weight is leaning back now. Just kinda seems like Ill be more prone to flip backwards when crawling larger obstacles.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...eilla-1121886/
I void warranties.
Ezalycasaid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.