JEEP trouble HELP!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > JEEP trouble HELP!!!!

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-20-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
5502george
2005 TJ Wrangler 

JEEP trouble HELP!!!!

Ok, so today I got a check engine light and got a P1489 which is a high speed radiator fan relay code. Ok, so first thing I check the wiring harness and nothing, everything seems to be perfect, I check the ground connections and all are un-corroded and are also in very good shape. So then I run to the actual relay and swap it with the low rad fan relay and the P1489 is still there Checked the fan itself by hand and no obstructions, could it actually be the PWM relay I am at a total loss of ideas, I will prob start by changing the relay because when it did not clear I completely took out the low relay and checked the faults and did not get the appropriate fault for low fail, just still had the high relay code?

Ok for the other problem now, got a check engine light and failed emissions with p0455 large evap leak in the dash (prob gas cap I figured but maybe not...keep reading). I have not yet dug into this one as I can still drive it with a measly vapor leak, but I am now hearing almost beeping sounds from the passenger side of the fuel tank. It only happens at first start of the day and for about 5 min, but could it be a bad fuel pump has anyone heard this before.....sounds like Morse code from the fuel tank lol?

5502george is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #2
PhulesAu
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Fill in your Jeeps profile..... what kind do you have that has electric fans??? from the factory that is a TJ?
PhulesAu is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.