jeep trouble - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > jeep trouble

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
bayridgejeep

jeep trouble

Jeep wrangler starts up and has a normal idle, about 30 to 45 seconds later the idle becomes irregular and then shuts down, when I restart the jeep it turns on then then shuts off right away. I had a new starter and a new crank position sensor installed last winter and the jeep was running great no problems until now. HELP!!!

bayridgejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Without more details, it's hard to say...so fill your profile in or provide more information about your Jeep. Any codes showing? Check engine light?

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
bayridgejeep

jeep trouble

4.0 V6 2001 Jeep Sahara 44088 miles. No codes showing, and no check engine light. I turn on the jeep and it idles normally and then shuts off the minute you apply pressure to the gas pedal, afterwards the jeep turns over then shuts off. I've been told that it could be the remote start alarm, the CPS or the fuel pump. I put gas in two days ago and drove home fine the next morning I start the jeep up again and all this starts happening.
bayridgejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
4x4jeeps4life

I am looking to buy a 2004 jeep Cherokee Laredo 4.0 and the radiator hose blow up and the guy fixed it and now you have to smash the gas to start it and feather the gas to keep it started any insight?
4x4jeeps4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
Trendsetter75
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have the biggest Jeep trouble, Going Broke
Unread 11-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Souds like a fuel pressure problem for both of you.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
rough idle , shuts off , tj , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.